• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Appeal of rejection of "similar images".

Community Beginner ,
May 10, 2018 May 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I made a collection of molecules associated with the American opioid addiction epidemic. About half of them were rejected for being too similar to some of my other files. This is just an uninformed decision. Of course the structures are similar. They are all the same type of molecule, so they look very similar. Nevertheless, anyone who knows a lick of science would know that you cannot substitute and image of natrexone (accepted) for an image of heroin (rejected)  because they look the same.

Is there no appeal process for this?

Heroin rejected (Really???)

Ball-and-Stick Molecular Model of Heroin.jpg

Naltrexone accepted:

Naltrexone - An Opioid Antagonist.jpg

TOPICS
Contributors

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

They were probably rejected because visually they do look the same - as of course you noted! BUT bearing in mind the criteria is that the images submitted must be sufficiently different, if you posted them together, the reviewer may not have taken into account the chemical differences but only considered the visual differences in this case.

So, I would suggest this - don't post similar molecules together at the same time, but a bit later. Make sure that each image submitted at the same time is sufficiently different from each other and you just may have more success.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is correct answer? The reviewers don't look carefully enough to see the differences in content as opposed to appearance, so we are supposed to try to fool them by submitting the figures individually or in different batches? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is not about fooling the reviewers. You got the result of your submission - I was only suggesting a different method.

This is a user to user forum. I don't work for Adobe!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry! That was a criticism of the site, not your answer. IO should have thanked you for the response in the first place. So, thanks for the help. I certainly intend to give it a try.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,
May 12, 2018 May 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Remember to learn all about the guidelines Adobe expects you to learn and adhere to. It is possible they have too many of one of the similar contribution in stock - 90million pictures in stock make for many duplications. Get to know what is trending now and all the details of submission requirements. Best regards, have fun. JH Go here for info.

For  you to be able to achieve better image results and get offerings accepted into Adobe Stock go to   https://helpx.adobe.com/stock/contributor/user-guide.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 11, 2018 May 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had the same problem. I uploaded drawing of insects "bumblebee" and "honey bee" which are totally different animals, and one of them was rejected as similar content

bombus-bee.jpg

The only solution I found is (like it was said above by ricky336 ) to upload them with time space in separated submission.

When I added again after some time it was accepted. It is not ideal solution but at least it works

Greetings!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines