• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Approval Issue

New Here ,
Nov 07, 2022 Nov 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I submitted this picture for review and approval, unfortunately it was not approved.  Can you review and tell me what the quality issues are and if the issues can be corrected in post?  Thanks

TOPICS
Contributor critique

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Nov 07, 2022 Nov 07, 2022

It got disapproved for several reasons.

1. It is black and white.

2. It is very noisy.

3. The highlights are overexposed and the shadows are underexposed.

4. The horizon is not level.

There are also some IP issues. Logos that can be seen. I also assume, that if the exposure of the person in the wheel chair was made brighter, he may also be identifiable.

In some countries, Germany for example, it is illeagal to photograph persons that are in an emergency. For instace disabled, homeless, beggers.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It got disapproved for several reasons.

1. It is black and white.

2. It is very noisy.

3. The highlights are overexposed and the shadows are underexposed.

4. The horizon is not level.

There are also some IP issues. Logos that can be seen. I also assume, that if the exposure of the person in the wheel chair was made brighter, he may also be identifiable.

In some countries, Germany for example, it is illeagal to photograph persons that are in an emergency. For instace disabled, homeless, beggers. This might even include people shopping at a discounter because they are down on their luck. So, show respect please.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ralph enumerated all the technical and IP issues, but I wanted to add that street photography such as yours is rarely going to be acceptable to Adobe Stock because it's nearly impossible to capture a scene that doesn't have recognizable people and signs/logos. And also the ethical problem of trying to commercialize an image of a person down on their luck...

Jill C., Forum Volunteer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I think a model release would certainly be needed, because the person in the shot could identify themselves, not only from their appearance and situation, but also because they would be very ready to remember the exact location, the bags they were holding etc. etc. I agree the ethics are complex, but a model release would take care of the legal aspect, since it allows the person photographed to give or deny permission, and to negotiate a suitable fee.  

Some agencies accept "editorial" pictures and might accept this without a model release; it could be used only in a news story to which it is relevant (would not matter if the viewpoint was "terrible plight" or "awful decay"). However, Adobe are not in that business and do not accept that kind of news photo.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines