• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Attached photo rejected as for an intellectual property violation ... why???

Explorer ,
Mar 29, 2019 Mar 29, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This photo was rejected for intellectual property violation and I have no idea why.  It is an unrecognizable rock climber in the Garden of the Gods which is a public place, and I've had other photos of the Garden accepted with no problem.  I really like this photo, would like to hear some feedback and advice.  What can I do?  Thanks!

GardenOfTheGods-3217-Edit-Edit.jpg

TOPICS
Contributor critique

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Mar 30, 2019 Mar 30, 2019

My guess is the logo on the helmet or the visible tattoo on his arm. You would need a release for each of those items plus a model release for the climber.

Greg

Votes

Translate

Translate
Explorer ,
Mar 30, 2019 Mar 30, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My guess is the logo on the helmet or the visible tattoo on his arm. You would need a release for each of those items plus a model release for the climber.

Greg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advisor ,
Mar 31, 2019 Mar 31, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, Don't forget the logos on the two shoes. Take out all identifying marks and resubmit and tell if it gets accepted. Fantastic photo btw - where were you taking the photo? Or was a drone doing it? Best wishes, JH

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you both for your replies.  I never thought of those details.  Actually, zooming in until totally pixelated, I could not read anything on the helmet, shoes or tattoo.  But I removed the potentially identifying spots and resubmitted.  I did not try to remove the tattoo.  I feel the man is totally unrecognizable.

Thanks for the compliment, JH.  I was on the ground looking up when I took the photo, but it was kind of raised up.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well I fear that you will be asked for a model release. I do not think that the man is unrecognizable. But you can try. Good look.

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The man can recognize himself. The tattoo's usually need a release from the artist who did them.

Greg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

GardenOfTheGods-3217-Edit-Edit.jpgZooming in, he's so blurry and pixilated that he'd only recognize himself if he remembered climbing this day.  No one else could.  And I can't even begin to decipher what's in his tattoo.  Maybe I have a lot to learn!  But I'll see what happens with my re-submission.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 08, 2019 Apr 08, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

chapelphoto  wrote

The tattoo's usually need a release from the artist who did them.

Only if the tattoo is a major element in the picture. But as a matter of a fact, it identifies the person.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 07, 2019 Apr 07, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK, here's another version with all emblems on shoes and helmet removed (although they could not be read).  I also removed the tattoo that was on his arm.  I feel this man is UNRECOGNIZABLE ... even when zoomed way in until his face is pixilated, dark and blurry.  (See below.)

Any thoughts, opinions?  I'd like to re-submit again as I really like this photo.  Thanks!

GardenOfTheGods-3217-Edit-Edit-Edit-3.jpg

GardenOfTheGodsCloseUp.JPG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

teal001, It does look better - sadly the closeup of the head has unsharp edges --- ziggy lines.

I will ask others to comment. Best JH

Abambo davescm

Can you help with the resubmission of this one?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If I knew the person I would recognise him, or he could recognise himself, so a model release would be needed.

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

the man is recognizable.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines