• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Auto Quality Check This image may have too much compression or noise to be accepted

Community Beginner ,
Oct 30, 2019 Oct 30, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here's a photo that was accepted. However like more than 90% of the photos I upload the inital upload received the yellow  message "Auto Quality Check This image may have too much compression or noise to be accepted in the collection. Are you certain you want to invest time tagging it?"

This is *before* human review, and like I said, this photo was accepted.

I shoot raw with a 7D Mark II and a 5D Mark III. I use Lightroom 6 to process including sharpening and denoise. I've experimented with different processing and export settings, to see if I can find the sweet spot. Most likely to not get auto-flagged seems to be full res images with minimal processing. However even there an image that gets through usually gets flagged if I send a lightly cropped version.

Does anyone have any idea what's happening here? Is there anything else I should do/should stop doing with my photos? Is there a way to run this test or equivalent locally? Or should I just routinely ignore this message since the photos do seem to be getting approved after I submit. Thanks.

failed autoquality check stock 20180804 _T7A1058 3.jpg

TOPICS
Contributor critique , Troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 15, 2021 Aug 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello @elharo , I also expierience this error with my Canon 90D and photos made with a high ISO. Have you figured out what the auto check looks for? Even when I replace the noisy background (2/3 of the photo) I get this error. Can you help?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello @elharo , I have the answer. If you edit the EXIF ISO data on your JPEG to a value of 100, your photo will not be flagged and the message does not appear.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

@elharo wrote:

Or should I just routinely ignore this message since the photos do seem to be getting approved after I submit. Thanks.

I think you gave yourself the answer. As they seem to get approved, there is no reason to take the warning seriously. Probably, it has been been implemented to scare those of, that submit pictures with more noise then content. As long as you stay at a ratio of less than 50% rejection, you are fine.

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines