• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Auto Quality Check

Community Expert ,
Jun 20, 2021 Jun 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello everybody, here is a question targeting Adobe-employees, expierienced -contributors and or photographers.

Photos that are uploaded via the webpage undergo an automatic "quality check".  Photos uploaded via LR or FTP are at least not marked in error. 

Photos uploaded via the webpage that do not pass the Quality Check are flagged with the following error.

error.jpg

As a wildlife photographer, I often get this error due to shooting in low light with a high ISO.

Often I can eliminate the problem through proper noise reduction. Sometimes I need to replace the background.

But sometimes nothing helps!

2021_06_10_1987-Edit.jpg

How much of the photo has to contain artifacts so that the Quality Check marks the photo as in error?  

What exactly does this Auto Check check / look for?

TOPICS
Contributors , Troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Interesting. I've never seen the Auto Quality Check notice, though I've had images ultimately rejected for artifacts/noise. 

Jill C., Forum Volunteer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not too suprising it was flagged by artifical intelligence.  That image is super grainy.  And I don't need magnification to see it.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 21, 2021 Jun 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I already know that. Grain usually, isn't a problem. I normaly can correct it. I think here, it is more a contrast problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In this case, the auto-check is doing what it is supposed to do. The answer to the question would be - delete the image!

Photos uploaded via the webpage that do not pass the Quality Check are flagged with the following error.

error.jpg

How much of the photo has to contain artifacts so that the Quality Check marks the photo as in error?  

This photo example is therefore a good indication of how much, isn't it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello I was askinging for professional critique and curiosity on how the contribution selection works. 

Deleting an image is always an option when a photo gets rejected. Another option is to correct the errors using Adobe or other photo editing software.

After extensive photo editing, I managed to upload the photo. 

If anyone is interested, it seems that the Auto Quality Control checks the contrast lines. If there is too little flow between lines or they cannot be found then excessive compression is assummed. If there are no lines, excessive noise is presummed.

Here is the final image.

2021_06_10_1987-Edit.jpg 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines