• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

bad (old) keywords displayed on Contributor website

Enthusiast ,
Nov 04, 2021 Nov 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The past few days I've noticed some weird behavior regarding keywords after uploading pictures.

Here's my workflow:

- I edit my images (CR2 files converted to DNG) in LrC and assign them a couple of keywords (texture and ~~to submit) for filtering purposes in Bridge.

- In Bridge, I remove those 2 keywords and enter those that should appear on Adobe Stock (I do it in Bridge because Lrc orders keywords alphabetically, but on Adobe Stock the first 10 keywords have more importance)

- From Bridge, I export my images and upload them to Adobe Stock through FTP using FileZilla

The issue:

When reviewing images on the Contributor website before submitting them, some still have the 2 old keywords I had given them in LrC instead of the ones I assigned in Bridge.

It happens very occasionally that I export the images before Bridge had updated the metadata, but it is apparently not what happens, because (besides waiting a while before exporting):

- In Windows Explorer, if I open the files' details, the title and keywords are as they should be.

- The correct keywords are shown on another stock website to which I upload, also with FileZilla, the exact same files right after sending them to Adobe Stock.

I had never had that problem before, but it has happened for roughly half (25 or so) of the files I have uploaded this week. So far, the issue is only with the keywords, but not with the title, which is loaded correctly.

I've just tried re-uploading through FTP  a picture with that problem, but it's still the same: only the 2 old keywords appear. And the same problem arises after uploading it from the website instead of FTP.

Any clue to what's happening?

Michael

Michael Niessen - Photographer, photo-editor, educator ([moderator deleted the URL from the signature. Kindly note that URLs in the signature may be considered as spam])

Photo-editing (Ps/Lr/LrC) and photography workshops & one-on-one training (off- and online)
TOPICS
Troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The past few days I've noticed some weird behavior regarding keywords after uploading pictures.

Here's my workflow:

- I edit my images (CR2 files converted to DNG) in LrC and assign them a couple of keywords (texture and ~~to submit) for filtering purposes in Bridge.

- In Bridge, I remove those 2 keywords and enter those that should appear on Adobe Stock (I do it in Bridge because Lrc orders keywords alphabetically, but on Adobe Stock the first 10 keywords have more importance)

- From Bridge, I export my images and upload them to Adobe Stock through FTP using FileZilla

By @MNiessenPhoto

By now, LrC should retain your keyword order. This has been a major issue for years with LrC, where you either could not correctly keyword your submissions or you needed to reorder after the submission.

Bridge, to my knowledge, also allows submitting directly to stock.

Abambo_0-1636043141278.png

https://helpx.adobe.com/ca/bridge/using/publish-images-adobe-stock-contributor.html

But as you upload manually your JPEG files, you could check the keywords in the EXIF metadata. If they are wrong there, they are wrong in stock. Then you need to check your export parameters in Bridge, as I suspect that the error is hidden there…

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

As mentioned in my original post, keywords are visible in Windows Explorer and on another stock website, so the JPEGs seem to be correctly exported from Bridge.

That said, I've checked the full metadata in EXIFtool anyway, for one image that had the issue, and here's what I've found:

- the keywords I have assigned are indeed in the file in the IPTC Keywords tag, as expected.

- there is an XMP-lr section with a WeightedFlatSubject tag that contains the 2 previous keywords I had assigned in LrC, but removed in Bridge.

It thus seems that Adobe Stock reads the latter instead of the former...

"Bridge, to my knowledge, also allows submitting directly to stock."

Yes, I know that I can upload directly from Bridge and I've done it occasionally, but since I need the JPG anyway to upload to other sites, it's faster to simply do it all through FTP.

"By now, LrC should retain your keyword order. "

Good to know! I'll check it out, thanks for mentioning it 😉

Hope that helps,

Michael

Michael Niessen - Photographer, photo-editor, educator

Photo-editing (Ps/Lr/LrC) and photography workshops & one-on-one training (off- and online)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 05, 2021 Nov 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Let's call @MatHayward. Maybe he can enlighten us.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Nov 07, 2021 Nov 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It doesn't seem you called him loud enough 😉

Btw, I've tried uploading directly from Bridge to Adobe Stock and the problem is the same: the old keywords (stored in XMP-lr metadata) are shown on the contributor website instead of the new ones. Since I don't export to JPG in this case, the new/correct keywords are not stored as IPTC Keywords, but rather as Subject tag in XMP-dc (in the DNG file).

When I upload from LrC 11, however, the new keywords are displayed, not the old ones, whether I've assigned those keywords in Bridge or LrC. But...

"By now, LrC should retain your keyword order. "

I've checked that, too, and can confirm that it does retain keyword order... somewhat. Extremely unreliable and not user-friendly at all, though, so not very practical. That issue alone would require another thread.

So basically, I'm still stuck with the same usual workflow, with the added step of having to reenter keywords on the contributor website or copy/paste them from Bridge.

Michael

Michael Niessen - Photographer, photo-editor, educator

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 07, 2021 Nov 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It doesn't seem you called him loud enough 😉

By @MNiessenPhoto

@MatHayward is working for Adobe. Let him the time to react. It's weekend no?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 15, 2021 Nov 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

"Extremely unreliable and not user-friendly at all, though, so not very practical. That issue alone would require another thread."

Indeed. I reverse engineered this new feature in LR 11, and it looks like the product or engineering manager designed the absolutely minimum feature that would allow them to claim that LR 11 can send ordered keywords to Adobe Stock:

https://community.adobe.com/t5/lightroom-classic-discussions/adobebridge%E3%81%8B%E3%82%89%E3%82%A4%...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines