• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Batch titling

Explorer ,
Jun 05, 2019 Jun 05, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just uploaded 600 files to Stock. I did a batch keyword and category but what should I do for the titling? I just want the original file name to be the title.Thanks for nay help.

TOPICS
Contributors

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 06, 2019 Jun 06, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Discussion successfully moved from Adobe Stock to Adobe Stock Contributors

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi dhmiller,

If I understand your question correctly, each file name would be different, hence each title name also different. That would also mean typing in individual category names. To do so after typing in the keywords, and selecting the category, you click on "Save Work" at the left of the page. The return page will select only one of your images. Type in the caption/title, answer the question and submit.

or you may click on "Save Work" for each file after typing the caption, then batch again at the end, answer the question then submit the batch. Please note that you need to submit release for files that require such.

Best wishes

JG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

See here for more information on batch naming and keywording: Use CSV files to index your content at Adobe Stock

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 07, 2019 Jun 07, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the tips but the bigger problem is the keywords. I selected all 500 files and added 50 keywords on the right but there was no way to save them at that point. So then I clicked in the title field to use the Sensei robot generated titles for the first file and all of the keywords disappeared... a few new suggested keywords appeared that were completely irrelevant (like the title, but that's not the issue). So how can I batch keyword my files - all of which would be the same - but title  individually? It's the keywords that I care about so people can find the stuff.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 07, 2019 Jun 07, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi dennishmiller,

The following is the full instruction to do the batch keywording if you do not want to use the method Abamo suggested.

Select a number of files for upload.

Scroll down to Actions.

Click on Erase All Keywords.

Type in your keywords in fields, or select Paste Keywords and paste, or type words in the type field separating each word with a comma.

Select Category at the top of the page.

Type in your Caption, or description

Select Save Work at the left of the page. When you save work the return page will have one image selected. This I believe is to facilitate changes.

If you do not want all the captions to be the same click on each image after saving and make the necessary change to your caption, and submit as normal. Otherwise after selecting Save Work, reselect all the images of the batch, and answer the question.

Select Submit for Approval.

The Save Work is to the left of the page a little below the Submit for approval button.batch upload.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 08, 2019 Jun 08, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the helpful information. The bigger question is, do I want to devalue my work to the point that things that are selling elsewhere for $25 and up would be given away on Adobe Stock for .14 to .25 cents? Probably not going to go in that direction, but thanks for your help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 08, 2019 Jun 08, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Where do assets on Adobe stock sell for 0.14 cents? Assets are sold for a certain price and you get a minimum pay-out of 30 cents.

Requesting payments at Adobe Stock

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 09, 2019 Jun 09, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

121612820standard$0.14
121310993subscription$0.18
157566342subscription$0.18
121277075subscription$0.18
121310993subscription$0.18

Kind of pathetic, wouldn't you say?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi dhmiller,

Is this your royalty you're showing us at post 9? The cost I see on each of these images exceeds $0.14, and $0.18. If this is your royalty, then you need to contact contributor-support@adobe.com about the issue. The minimum royalty payment beginning September 2018 based on rank is $0.33 as highlighted at  Royalty details for contributors to Adobe Stock , table caption "Minimum Payment Based On Rank".

I hope you found this helpful.

Regards

JG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, these are my royalties, and I could show you the $22.50 I recently received from 500px for a single image of a Cuban street, but no matter. 33 cents or 18 cents isn't much different in the realm of things until you get into the 1,000 or more sold. I think the rate is ridiculously low and will focus my sales elsewhere, but thank you for the info on minimum royalty rates, which I guess doesn't apply to me. 😉

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You should stay with 500px and drop Adobe stock...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"...drop Adobe stock."  I've come to the same conclusion, as have others. Are you doing well with it? Hope so. I think it might be helpful for my (abstract) animations, so will probably just limit my uploads to those. Thanks for your help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe is better than Shutterstock and I will not get rich...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi dhmiller,

When doing business with companies there are important factors to take in consideration:

How popular or recognized they are;

The kind of customer service;

When there's an issue how likely, or prompt the issue will be resolved;

Being paid more per image does not necessarily means earning more. Adobe, is among the top four most popular stock photo platforms, none of which payout the size royalty you speak of, yet they are all over the internet, hence the potential of gaining more sales. Many others are there, a few of which pays far more than any of the above popular platforms. One I sign-up with, I got a small number of sales then everything went dormant for over a year. They are not popular on the major search engine. So, how many people will know about websites not found on major search engines using relevant search words? I know of stock photo platforms that pay even as much as $300.00 per image, but how many times each image get sold, and how often?

So you see Adobe has everything going for them - popularity, more frequent sales, and better customer service (even though there are much room for improvement).

I am unable to find your attractive stock photo platform which means it is not popular. How often will you sell, and for how long?

Any way, I agree, move to where you get more.

Best wishes

JG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 10, 2019 Jun 10, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your thoughtful comments. I spoke with Shutterstock about not being able to search for my own work and they informed me that typically, people do not come to the site to find the work of a single artist, so all of their search engines work by keyword (or something to that effect). 500px, where I have also sold work, does allow a search: Dennis miller photos / 500px

for example.

In any event, I mostly agree with your comments, though I would rate Adobe Support as an F for failure, It is nearly impossible to speak with an actual human, though I now know that much better "support" is available from other users like yourself.  I would also add that a $25 sale for a single image on 500px, for example, is the equivalent of 80 or so sales at Adobe for .33, if that is indeed the new minimum, so despite Adobe's presence in the marketplace, the odds of selling 80 vs 1 under those conditions are probably about the same.

In any event, I will use Adobe for my animations, which seem to get a higher fee, and wish you luck with your own work. Thanks again for your input.

DM

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi dennishmiller,

You said "It is nearly impossible to speak with an actual human ".

I believe the virtual assistant is to provide self-help for persons who did not try, or do not know to try searching for articles that are helpful to their issues. I believe it is a means of reducing the international workload on limited customer care personnel. I don't know of any user that really like it, but that's the direction of large companies internationally. It is just a means of understanding how it works.  There are issues we are not able to help with on the various forums. Therefore chances are at some time or the other you might find it necessary to go that rout, in which case I suggest you request speaking with someone. That might prove helpful to reduce the time it takes to get to a person.

I upload to other platforms, and I find more advantage in important areas with Adobe. As time goes by you'll be able to judge for yourself the advantages, disadvantages, and similarities of each of these platforms.

Do you really understand that the sale of your image(s) at Shutterstock was based on a special offer, and that most of your images are likely to be sold at rates lower than that of Adobe? Did you check out the "Rate Schedule"?

Best wishes

JG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are those new sales?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi DM,

I checked your account to look into the royalties you referenced. I found that you do not have a valid tax form on file so you are paying the maximum tax withholding on all of your sales which is reducing your net payment by 30%. You can add a tax form from the contributor account section found in the portal. 

For the top file you noted I saw there was a 1 credit sale at Fotolia in 2016. Fotolia credits are paid on a different scale than Adobe Stock. With your rank of white, you are paid 20% on Fotolia credits sales. One credit is equal to one USD so your royalty would have been .20 on that particular sale then with your tax withholding of 30% that knocked .06 off the net payment.

Regarding your issue with batch keywording, JG did a good job describing how the system works. If you are finding a different behavior, please write to support using the contact us link found at the bottom of the contributor portal where I can assure you an actual human (or me) will respond and assist as quickly as possible.

Best regards,

Mat Hayward

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"With your rank of white, you are paid 20% on Fotolia credits sales. ...so your royalty would have been .20 on that particular sale"

And therein lies the problem. Maybe after a few thousand sales (if I live that long) working with Stock would be worth the effort. An 80 (yours) / 20 (mine) split is worse than any gallery I have ever worked with, and they similarly promote works and have equivalent overhead costs.

Stock in general seems to be a pretty bad deal for most everyone except Adobe shareholders. I'm just not inclined to give away my work at this point.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Once you get past your first 100 downloads your rank goes up and your royalty rate goes up. These commissions only apply to the now rare Fotolia credits sales. The Fotolia credit sales are based on the size of the file so your 1 credit sale was for an XS file download. All Fotolia subscription sales and all Adobe Stock sales pay 33% of the price paid.

More details on royalty rates can be found here: Royalty details for contributors to Adobe Stock

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you look at the conditions of a competitor?

I can say that I have about the same sales with Shutterstock than with Adobe, even that Adobe is ahead of sales by 10-20% in items sold. With Adobe I get about the double in commissions than on Shutterstock. I do this for fun I do not need to live from this. But the effort I put into these things are zero to null.

But if I would have to choose between Alamy (0 sales, but best commission), Shutterstock (ok and they are not that picky on image quality) and Adobe... I would choose Adobe. I just looked into the conditions of iStock and I didn’t decide yet if I participate, but the commission is less than Shutterstock and much less than Adobe.

As a consumer of stock images I can tell you that nobody will spend today 100$ or 1000$ on a single image. But we spend considerable on 10$ images and less (your share: 3$ and less).

If this isn’t your world, you need to do jobs on demand.

In addition: the minimal payout is more than Adobe gets on an image for someone having a 750images/month subscription. So Adobe hopes that those people just take an average of less pictures/month, what they probably do.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Interesting. I guess I should have used 500px as an example, as I have received $25 for images from that site (not sure what they actually sell for). But still, until (if) I master the automated tools you have described, I do find it way too much work to get stuff onto the A Stock site and will probably just stick with videos, which have a much higher sell price.

Thanks for the info in any event.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You’re free to choose. But as a buyer, I would not go to 500px. If you get 25$ what does the user pay?

Videos are indeed getting a higher price, so get there as long as that stands...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

500px - not sure what they actually sell for.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines