• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Beans.

Community Beginner ,
Jul 20, 2022 Jul 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This photo was rejected. Why? I just started posting my photos to Adobe. Please let me know. 

IMG_1728.jpeg

TOPICS
Contributor critique , Contributors

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jul 21, 2022 Jul 21, 2022

The edges of the finger are also fuzzy. Depth of field is the reason.

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,
Jul 20, 2022 Jul 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There lots of nice things onc can say about Adobe Stock!  But, the snipe hunt for an image's technical rejection, fails to make the list.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 21, 2022 Jul 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you know what to look for, it's not a 'sniper hunt' 😊

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 22, 2022 Jul 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So what am I looking for? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Michael5FFE,

Technical encompasses many things beginning with good composition.  Technically good photos have no unwanted blur, noise, chromatic aberration or other unsightly artifacts.

========

Composition 101

https://www.adorama.com/alc/basic-photography-composition-techniques/

Snipe Hunting

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey thank you. 

I guess a better quality camera. This was taken on an iPhone. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

iPhone cameras are quick & convenient to use but they lack sufficient megapixels for Stock photography.   Most iPhone cameras have 12 MP compared to DSLRs with 24, 32, 40 MP.

https://www.techradar.com/news/best-entry-level-dslr-camera

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

By the way, was the reason for 'Technical Issues"?

I see a problem with the white balance - it's a technical issue among other things:

https://helpx.adobe.com/stock/contributor/user-guide.html/stock/contributor/help/reasons-for-content...

Read this about adjusting white balance:
https://www.adobe.com/creativecloud/photography/discover/white-balance.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The edges of the finger are also fuzzy. Depth of field is the reason.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What was the rejection reason that Adobe Stock gave you?  Maybe the hand model must sign a release.  Read these links.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 01, 2022 Aug 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi @Gurleen25328546zrtq ,

This is a nice capture. I believe the beans are sufficiently sharp. Your composition is a problem. You included too much of your hand in the frame making it a part of the subject. I believe you could have zoomed in a little more on the beans. 

The depth of field of the phone could not handle the hand that well hence there is where you end up with soft edges. And of course the noise grains, which is mainly visible in the sky. Also there was also a shake and a white balance issue. That too is most visible in the sky since it is not showing the correct color.

jacquelingphoto2017_1-1659386562180.png

This was however a fine attempt, I must admit better than my first few shots uploaded to Adobe. You can learn more about what Adobe is looking for at Create Better Photos For Adobe Stock, Seven tips to get your photos accepted on Adobe and a list of rejection reason, how to identify them and what to do to avoid some correct others. Also it points you to a link (For Better Result Use Relevant Camera) that will help you to understand about the use of different cameras for stock photography, advantage and disadvantage and how to work with what you have. I suggest that @Michael5FFE pay special attention to these links that will help with your growth as a stock-photo photographer.

Best wishes

Jacquelin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines