• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Begginer needing help

Community Beginner ,
Aug 20, 2021 Aug 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I'm begginer in photography and contributions, and having sometime difficulties to understand rejects reasons for photos which were approved somewhere else. So I'm posting here three photos which have been rejected by Adobe and I'm very interested to get all kind of critics. Thanks & regards. Fred.

TOPICS
Contributor critique

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The second image is partially overexposed. You also held the camera crooked. The third image lacks sharp focus.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Marianne. This is very useful as I didn't saw these points before. No advise on the first one?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think the white balance is wrong in the first photo. It seems to have a bluish cast

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello – I’m a beginner myself so not really in a position to offer advice. I’m very taken with your first image though. I like the look of deep concentration and the mirror-like refection in the eye.

Is it possible that they rejected it because the nose is out of focus? I’ve noticed that having anything in the foreground out of focus often seems to be given as a reason on this site. 

I might be quite wrong though, it’s just a guess, I’m still trying to figure this stuff out myself . Hopefully if I’m wrong then someone with more experience will leave a comment to let us know.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, you are probably right, when I look at it again it could be the reason. But then I have to submit another one for whish I don't understand the reject, as it has been approved everywhere else, including Getty. Have a look on it if you have time for that and tell me what could be wrong.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 23, 2021 Aug 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

Well it looks good to me, you’d probably need someone more experienced to give you a proper analysis.

Personally, I would be tempted to try bringing out the mid-tones in the fur a bit more in post, just to give more graduation between shadows and the highlights, (I know that can be easier said than done, I’m still quite clunky using post).

Also, a couple of quick fixes if you want to clean up the edges:

• In the bottom left corner there's a white blur (probably a bit of tail) just poking into the shot, which could be easily taken out with the clone tool.
  • This one is very minor, but if you zoom in very close to the bottom right, you see a slight glow along the right edge. It’s hardly noticeable but again, easy enough to remove.

Hope that helps.

I like the photo by the way.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This one lacks sharpness. I am not convinced that you can save it by sharpening, but you may try. You also need to crop it.

Abambo_0-1629720009395.png

You may also find that the eye reflection has chromatic aberration:

Abambo_1-1629720296015.png

If you are new to stock, you should consider these resources: https://helpx.adobe.com/stock/contributor/tutorials.html
Please read the contributor user manual for more information on Adobe stock contributions: https://helpx.adobe.com/stock/contributor/user-guide.html
See here for rejection reasons: https://helpx.adobe.com/stock/contributor/help/reasons-for-content-rejection.html
and especially quality and technical issues: https://helpx.adobe.com/stock/contributor/help/quality-and-technical-issues.html

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, there is technical problems in the photos that are already mentioned here, but I would also point out that you probably wanna learn some composition work for your future photos too. 

Also, when you have figured out the essentials and start having something accepted in the stock, its only small step closer of being succesful. Most of us are having here hundreds of photos that never have been sold and probably also never will be sold even once. And I am sure you wanna sell photos here. And that's the hard part.

You need to select your topics carefully and think about the industries that are buying photos. Also, how cempetitive some specific topics are. If you for example search "cat" or "dog" and see the overall quality of the photos, you need to be able to create images with same quality and better. Some topics are also very crowded. The skill would be to find a topic that will be very popular soon and you are early taking photos of that specific topic. Good luck. 🙂  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As for the first picture, it's a bit overexposed and contains slight colour noise in the out of focus area. The colour noise may also be because of the fur texture. As @Marianne-Deiters says, it has also a white balance problem.  I've included my camera raw screen with some adjustments.

Abambo_3-1629719640199.png

I would also crop that picture:

Abambo_1-1629718815504.png

You may also apply some more sharpening to the eye. Eyes need to be brilliant and crisp sharp! The out of focus nose is not a problem.

To crop the cat image:

Abambo_2-1629719062744.png

The last picture can't be saved because it's utterly out of focus, besides to be also badly framed. You should start training your image framing. There are some good articles on the net that explain composing an image. You need to master those rules before you may be able to break them for special purposes.

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Many thanks to all of you.

Your comments and advises are pushing me to work harder and deeper.

My first reaction was to go through my own portfolio, not yet published, on my hard disq, and the result was that I have probably scrapped 50% of my stock.

The other 50% will need post production but then again, what are the best softwares?

I'm actually using ACDSee, but I'm not fully satisfied, so should I go to Lightroom, or Photoshop...? And which version?

And of course I will work on photography itself, improving my way of using my camera (Canon EOS 6D Mark II), because I think that the best is to avoid the need of post prod.

Kind regards to all of you.

Fred

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
quoteI think that the best is to avoid the need of post prod.

========

@Frédéric5EE2,

You're dreaming.  Digital photos always require some adjustment. Just don't go overboard with it.

Use the latest versions of Lightroom Classic and Photoshop CC.  Try before you buy for 7 days free. 

Thereafter, the basic Photography Plan costs $10 USD/month for 12 months.

https://www.adobe.com/creativecloud/photography.html

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines