• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Bitcoin, Ethereum, Litecoin Logo Trademark?

Explorer ,
Jan 28, 2021 Jan 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have just uploaded several footage ith Bitcoin, Ethereum and Litecoin souvenirs coins from China at Adobe.

All videos with only Bitcoin coin were accepted by Adobe.

But the videos with Ethereum and Litecoin coins are not accepted because of "intellectual property".

bitcoin.jpg

Are the logos of Ethereum and Litecoin different than Bitcoin?

I read that everyone can use the logos or does Adobe disagree? Do I have to upload this as an "editorial"?

TOPICS
Contributors

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 3 Correct answers

Explorer , Feb 27, 2023 Feb 27, 2023

nope, i don't send stuff with those logos anymore. Bitcoin only 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert , Feb 27, 2023 Feb 27, 2023

Hi @WEBCLIPMAKER,

@Jin5C23 asked in 2021! There was just a spammer waking up your thread.

Generally speaking, none of the logos should be accepted, but may be the Bitcoin logo is in the public domain. I did not check that. You can submit your videos as Illustrative Editorial, if you are allowed to do that.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert , Feb 27, 2023 Feb 27, 2023

Yes, no problem at that. You can answer your thread as long as it does not get locked. And your answer is correct. I just added to your answer! 😉

And I gave some context, as I have removed the spammer.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Editorial is not a way to avoid filling in forms. Just fill in a property release.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 21, 2023 Jul 21, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's interesting how different platforms handle intellectual property. When it comes to the logos of Ethereum and Litecoin, they do have their own unique designs. So it's possible that Adobe has specific guidelines regarding their usage.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 21, 2023 Jul 21, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

All is a matter of ownership. You can't use a trademark registered for a different company in your advertisement without the explicit authorization to do so from the property owner. When a company like Adobe allows the use of foreign IP, they are liable for that. This is true for all stock companies, so all stock companies need to take care of that. And all stovk companies I submit to have similar rules.

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 24, 2023 Jul 24, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Spammers get banned.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

By the way, LiteCoin has been the subject of legal action over its trademark. Adobe will not go there without a release! https://coinjournal.net/news/litecoin-trademark-fight-matters/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK! Thanks.

Now I understand the following situation: Bitcoin doesn't have any problems with the logo. Litecoin has problems with the logo. And what about Ethereum? Who knows?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 02, 2021 Jun 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hi there! so, how did you solve the problem? or you didn't?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 27, 2023 Feb 27, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

nope, i don't send stuff with those logos anymore. Bitcoin only 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @WEBCLIPMAKER,

@Jin5C23 asked in 2021! There was just a spammer waking up your thread.

Generally speaking, none of the logos should be accepted, but may be the Bitcoin logo is in the public domain. I did not check that. You can submit your videos as Illustrative Editorial, if you are allowed to do that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Abambo,

In my opinion, it doesn't matter when the question was asked in this case. On the contrary, now after so many years, I can give you an even more up-to-date answer. The problem hasn't gone away and new contributors may have had this problem too.

That's why I decided to answer this question. You can't do everything right all the time.

Sorry

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, no problem at that. You can answer your thread as long as it does not get locked. And your answer is correct. I just added to your answer! 😉

And I gave some context, as I have removed the spammer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines