• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Brand new to this, exposure question.

Community Beginner ,
Nov 16, 2018 Nov 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am new to Adobe Stock.  This was rejected because of exposure.  If I lighten it a bit the rocks are more pronounced and maybe I can re-submit it?  I have read and re-read the guidelines and just need a few suggestions.  Thanks for any help that you can send my way.

Kathleen169.JPG

TOPICS
Contributor critique

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Advisor , Nov 16, 2018 Nov 16, 2018

Hi kathleenshattuckhart,

You have presented an interesting and difficult photo to try to reach a perfect exposure. However, this is how we all learn. In the shadow sits the sparkling water which is gray and could be lighter - in some areas -  but it also sits beside the dark black rocks and a tiny bit of very white area - perhaps a cloud.

So, if this were my photo I would make adjustments and see which ones make me smile. When all things are at their best you will smile. Experiment!

Several tools

Votes

Translate

Translate
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi kathleenshattuckhart,

You have presented an interesting and difficult photo to try to reach a perfect exposure. However, this is how we all learn. In the shadow sits the sparkling water which is gray and could be lighter - in some areas -  but it also sits beside the dark black rocks and a tiny bit of very white area - perhaps a cloud.

So, if this were my photo I would make adjustments and see which ones make me smile. When all things are at their best you will smile. Experiment!

Several tools will give you a variety of changes. Perhaps even try a softer blue sky. Select the best of your experiments and resubmit.

Use the Camera Raw pull-down under filters. Then look at the extremes in the Histogram. You have extreme darks and lights side by side in this and fixing it will teach you more than hints. Also, try the Exposure slider. I might even select the water with a lasso tool and adjust that to brighter look. Do not be afraid to experiment but always save the original. Once you know what you want to do - then take a copy of the original and work your magic on it.

I think ricky336 and Abambo will have a few things to tell you also. So glad to hear you did study the guidelines. Study the Adobe Stock of similar subjects to see how the photos that are accepted are presented. Best regards, JH

Quality standards

For your images to have commercial value, we expect them to be:

• Appropriately lit and exposed
  • Without visible noise or dust
  • Well-composed
  • Processed inconspicuously

For more information on what makes a quality image, see The review process and Create better photos for Adobe Stock with 7 tips for success.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you very much, I will try all of your suggestions!

Kathleen

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 17, 2018 Nov 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, this is the main problem:

169exposure.jpg

The water is burnt out here. There is no detail that can be recovered.

I think you can try to replace the overexposed water using the content aware filter in Photoshop, if you don't have this, then you can edit it out, using a clone tool or something like that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Ricky. I will use your suggestions to try to improve my photo.

Kathleen Hart

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

My hint for you is to bring back a little of structure in those areas:

3FE5BD86-D97B-48C1-A684-7568B3310332.jpeg

I do not know, if you shooted this raw, but if not, cosider next time it.

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines