• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can anyone help me with some Rejections?

Community Beginner ,
Dec 25, 2020 Dec 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am a new bee here. Submitted a bunch of photos and most of them were rejected with Reason as "Technical Issues". I am not really sure what could have gone wrong with those photos. Can someone help me with a Review?

TOPICS
Contributor critique

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You have a white balance issue. The picture is too cold (blueish). What was the lightsource for this picture?

Abambo_1-1608901494028.png

In addition it is missing sharpness. And it may also be that the highlights are too strong.

If you are new to stock, you should consider these resources: https://helpx.adobe.com/stock/contributor/tutorials.html
Please read the contributor user manual for more information on Adobe stock contributions: https://helpx.adobe.com/stock/contributor/user-guide.html
See here for rejection reasons: https://helpx.adobe.com/stock/contributor/help/reasons-for-content-rejection.html
and especially quality and technical issues: https://helpx.adobe.com/stock/contributor/help/quality-and-technical-issues.html

(I'm moving this thread to the correct forum: Stock Contributors)

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, Thanks for the reply. The lightsource was a portable light. I think the sharpness and Highlights might be the cause as you suggested. We dont get much of a natural source of light so I had to reply on the portable lights in indoor settings.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The worst when taking pictures is having different light sources with different colour temperatures as you will get necessarily mixed colours that are not correctable. The white balance is often a reason for a refusal. Use a grey card to get the "correct" wb.

I've done nice pictures with of the shelf led lights, but I used the same type of light...

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 26, 2020 Dec 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks a lot for the suggestion. I use only a single light and the other
source of light is the sunlight coming from my window which is very limited
usually. I will keep your suggestions in mind from now on. Thanks once
again.

Jagan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 26, 2020 Dec 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Jagannath0D4C 

Which of the lights is stronger? If the stronger light is direct sunlight from the window, in the future use a thin white curtain or material, preferable cotton, being closely weaved, to filter the sunlight from the window. Or pull the table from the direct sunlight, but close enough to get maximum lighting, and use your other light as fill for the shadows. 

Also if the brighter side is the sunlight then you need to add more warmth when editing to eliminate the blue in the lighted area. 

Best wishes

JG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 28, 2020 Dec 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Thank you.. Will make these adjustments in my next photos. Thanks for the
inputs.

Jagan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Jagannath0D4C ,

In addition to what is being said. It is likely your camera has setting for different types of lights that you could explore. In addition usually they carry feature to preset white balance using a white subject. Other than grey card for white balance, white do work as well. Also you need more than one light source to balance your lighting, when using artificial light; sometimes up to 3. Otherwise use white or silver objects to bounce light back in the shadow. This may serve as filter light. Your light source was two high and did not have adequate filter light. I however believe the highlights could be better reduced in Photoshop.

Best wishes

JG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines