• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can anyone help with why this was rejected?

Community Beginner ,
Jun 20, 2019 Jun 20, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

IMG_5139.jpeg

TOPICS
Contributor critique

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You got a rejection reason and I suppose it is ip rights. There is (at least) one logo visible on one of the ships. Logos need to be photoshoped out!

When posting here, please include the rejection reason. You do not need to post the whole text, the reason is OK. That makes guessworking less time consuming.

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the reply.  The rejection reason was technical issues, so I don't think it was the logo.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

bobukiah  wrote

(...) so I don't think it was the logo.

So that will be next!

Saturation is a tick too much, contrast to less and the ramming people are problematic: too dark because of the water reflection. But if you lighten them up, they may be recognisable and you need a model release. I'm also not quite sure about the trees. They seam to be washed out, but as you did not post the original quality picture, I can't say if that is also present in the original file. And may be you also need a slight colour correction.

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 23, 2019 Jun 23, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I think the white balance is a bit out. Perhaps a bit too yellow. The water has a yellowish cast to it. So, decrease the colour temp - take out some yellow and increase the tint just a wee bit. Also, contrast can be increased a bit. And decrease the highlights a bit. I doubt you'll need a model release for the canoers, I think they are too small to be a problem. I don't think they need to be lightened up, a silhouette form is fine - I think.

Eg.

IMG_5139technical problems.jpg

Take out the logo on the boat as well. I don't think the trees are a problem either. The main issue I think is the white balance.

Changes are very subtle.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 24, 2019 Jun 24, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you very much - your comments are very helpful.  I'll give it a go and resubmit as I like the picture. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines