• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can anyone please elaborate what are the exact reasons these illustrations got rejected? TIA!

Explorer ,
Dec 09, 2022 Dec 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The whole collection got rejected due to quality issues, here are 3 of them. I am new to the community, need help to figure out the exact reason(s) that caused the rejection so I can improve in the future (I'm guessing because of "excessive filtering or artifacts/noise"?). 

"Common issues that can impact the technical quality of images include exposure issues, soft focus, excessive filtering or artifacts/noise. "

Thanks in advance!

Monk Fahai fighting with Lady White Snake Bai Suzhen who is using her powers to flood the Jinshan Temple, Chinese legend The Legend of the White Snake.jpegLady White Snake Bai Suzhen and her sister Lady Green Snake Xiao Qing using their power to flood Jinshan Temple, Chinese legend The Legend of the White Snake_.jpegLady Green Snake Xiao Qing, Chinese legend The Legend of the White Snake_.jpeg

TOPICS
Contributor critique

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Dec 09, 2022 Dec 09, 2022

First: Seen at 100%, they are quite unsharp:

Abambo_0-1670613725905.png

I also see artefacts as if the illustration has been resized:

Abambo_1-1670613841368.png

Second:

There is a line, like a frame on the right side.

Abambo_2-1670613933517.png

This is weird:

Abambo_3-1670614077092.png

Looks like AI-generated defects…

Third:

There is a border that can be easily cropped out.

Abambo_4-1670614261022.png

Check if the compression artefacts are also on your original copy:

Abambo_5-1670614351241.png

You can smooth that out, if it happened, by scanning a paper version of the asset.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Were these submitted as vectors, jpegs, or png's?

They are neat illustrations, but they are also really artistically styled and as a result there are many technical imperfections.  I have a feeling that even though these were crafted with intention, that they don't meet the technical criteria for stock.  They really are cool though!

George F, Fine Art Landscape Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi George! Thank you very much for the reply! I totally agree they are imperfect, I should def learn more about the criterias for stock! I tried to search with keyword "chinese legend" in image category and see what types of works would be accepted...but I'm a bit lost lol. 

My illustrations were submitted as jpegs, should it be submitted as png?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I suppose I think about it like this:. It's really easy to blur a photo that is sharp, but not easy at all to sharpen a photo that is blurry.  

George F, Fine Art Landscape Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That is very well-summarized! Unfortunately my stuffs seem to be not sharp enough.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

First: Seen at 100%, they are quite unsharp:

Abambo_0-1670613725905.png

I also see artefacts as if the illustration has been resized:

Abambo_1-1670613841368.png

Second:

There is a line, like a frame on the right side.

Abambo_2-1670613933517.png

This is weird:

Abambo_3-1670614077092.png

Looks like AI-generated defects…

Third:

There is a border that can be easily cropped out.

Abambo_4-1670614261022.png

Check if the compression artefacts are also on your original copy:

Abambo_5-1670614351241.png

You can smooth that out, if it happened, by scanning a paper version of the asset.

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi! Thank you so much for the insights. yes those illustrations have been resized, the original ones are not big enough. I didn't even notice the border in the image, how sloppy! Thank you for pointing that issue out. 

And yes they are AI generated.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

They look AI generated, unfortunately.  Please refer to these new AI content guidelines below:

The Stock Contributor User Guide specifically says DO NOT upscale raster images. 

https://helpx.adobe.com/stock/contributor/help/photography-illustrations.html

Upscaling rasters leads to pixelation and other unsightly artifacts making them unsatisfactory for high quality prints on T-shirts, calendars, magazines, etc...

Vector graphics are math based and not subject to pixelation when rescaled.  For Illustrations, drawings, comics, icons & logos, vector graphics are preferred (AI, EPS or SVG). 

Hope that helps.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Nancy! Thank you for the informative reply. I read the guidlines and I actually did follow all of them except that I tagged them as AI only in the keywords, not in the titles. Should I include AI in titles as well? Here's what confused me, I saw many many AI images without mentioning it in their titles.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

These AI guidelines are brand spanking new.  Most contributors haven't been made aware of them yet. 

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I see! I'll write "AI" in my titles from now on anyways. Thanks a lot!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This recent post by Mat Hayward may provide the info you're looking for:

https://community.adobe.com/t5/stock-contributors-discussions/announcing-the-adobe-stock-policy-on-g...

Jill C., Forum Volunteer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Jill, yes those are the info I need to know!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here's what confused me, I saw many many AI images without mentioning it in their titles.

By @Be Doa

They may not follow the rules and get excluded from uploading and selling items in the future. And they may have uploaded their content before these rules became public. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes I think that is the case. I just joined like 2 days ago, a lot to learn. Thank you for your replies!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Upscaling does not improve the asset quality, but amplifies defects. Get your AI generate files at the required size. And check the files for defects, like the one shown with the arm and cloth. People will reject your contributions on such defects, and when you get many returns, this will terminate your account. Unhappy customers will cost you and Adobe a lot of money. It's better not to submit imperfect assets than risking corrective measures afterwards.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh wow! Those suggestions are very important. Thank you!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Oh wow! Those suggestions are very important. Thank you!!

By @Be Doa

You're welcome. I think we all learned quite a bit from your submissions here.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines