• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can anyone tell me why this picture was rejected?

Community Beginner ,
May 20, 2022 May 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't know why this picture was rejected.  Can someone please let me know?  Thanks!!

TOPICS
Contributor critique

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Vineyard Seashell , Adobe would have provided you a rejection reason (technical issues, intellectual property violation, missing property release, etc.)  If you let us know the reason you were given and post the original file you submitted, we can offer you better feedback and insights.  With the small image you provided, it is next to impossible to provide you with any valuable feedback.

If you are new to stock photography, here are some resources that you might find helpful:

Rob R, Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It gave the reason as "Technical Issues".  I didn't realize that the photo was so small when I uploaded it.  Also, when I viewed it in the Adobe app and made the picture as big as I could, I could see a little bit of my finger in the lower left hand corner.  Yes, I am new to this, and thank you for the helpful links.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Happy to help.  Reviewing your photos at 100-200% on a big screen is the best way to see any technical issues you might have such as soft focus, noise / grain, etc.  Your finger would probably be considered a technical issue too.  🙂

Best of luck with your future submissions.

Rob R, Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 21, 2022 May 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Vineyard Seashell,

Is it this resolution you upload to Adobe. It's of extreme poor quality and pixelated as though its a thumbnail image. If it's not the thumbnail, what category camera you used to take this pic - phone, compact or DSLR?

If it's a thumbnail image, you need to upload the original here or we will not be able to give you the true evaluation.

Regards

Jacquelin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I took the picture on my iPhone, and sent to myself in an email so that I could drag and drop it into the "Upload" screen.  But ALL of my submissions that day were rejected and the only information that the reviewers gave was "Technical Issues".  I will try and work with some of my pics in Ps and see if it helps to get them accepted.  Thanks so much for your input.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Depending on which iPhone you have, you probably have a 12 megapixel camera.  20MP or higher is preferred for Stock photography.

Adobe Stock customers expect the highest visual and technical quality for use in commercial projects like brochures, posters, billboard ads, TV commercials, movies,  T-shirts, websites, etc...  Read these links.

Phone cameras don't produce the best quality images.  With plenty of light and under perfect conditions, you might get a few decent shots from your phone.  But better equipment will give you many more pixels and much higher quality images.  Start saving now for a good DSLR camera (new or used).

https://photographylife.com/best-entry-level-dslrs

Hope that helps.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I will check out some good DSLR cameras.  Thanks!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Most contributors say that every image will need some adjustment in Photoshop - and even if not you need to be checking them at 100%-200%. Just dumping it from camera to stock, isn't likely to get many acceptances, even if you set up technically excellent shots with a tripod from your phone. Adobe don't want to buy (and won't buy) snapshots, they want world class commercial photography.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Duly noted...thanks!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi @Vineyard Seashell,

It is likely the picture from your phone cam will get high rejection rate if any is accepted. This link will explain some of the pitfalls of phone photography for stock imagery. I have seen some really nice iPhone photos on another platform. So, if you would like to improve your phone photography skills then it might be a good thing to invest in learning how to do so. In any case if you are going to invest in a DSLR you will also need to learn how to take good quality photo. Hence, investing in a photography course would be a good thing. 

Best wishes

Jacquelin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines