• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can contributors NOT outline text or provide font names on templates?

Community Beginner ,
Aug 13, 2020 Aug 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is so frustrating that an illustration such as a logo design has all the text outlined. the Logo is useless. Unless I can match the font which is difficult without knowing the name and a time waster. 

Can I request that contributors need to provide at least the name of the font or there be a note that the font is outlined before downloading?

When using envato elements they always provide all the font files which makes sense and Adobe is a premium costing product. we deserve more! I have never downloaded an adobe illustration/logo without the text outlined.  

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 14, 2020 Aug 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's a Catch 22 though; if they DON'T outline the font, then you have to own it.  Since Adobe fonts typically cost from tens to hundreds of dollars a time, and in some cases don't exist as font files, they aren't going to be bundled with a photo for which you pay next to nothing either... I agree there needs to be a way to say what font to use to match any design, and it should be required, not optional. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 21, 2020 Aug 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

That is true! However if you are on a full CC subscription like I am, I don't ever pay for fonts? So I shouod have the option or at least the name of the font to licence separately. It's easier to look at some designs and make them from scratch without licencing them since you know you won't even have the font so it looks different so they actually lose out really 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines