• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

can i post adobe firefly ai genrated images?

Community Beginner ,
Apr 16, 2023 Apr 16, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

i want to know may can i submit images to adobe stock that i have made using Adobe Fireflly AI. because Adobe Stock allow AI genrated images into it.

Best Regards

TOPICS
Contributor critique , Contributors , Troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Oct 15, 2023 Oct 15, 2023

Latest from Adobe .. so the answer is yes.
Firefly-generated assets from the commercially released version can be submitted to Adobe Stock as long as they meet our generative AI submission guidelines and don't contain a watermark. In general, outputs from generative AI features may be used commercially.4 Oct 2023

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

From what so read before, there is a special rule in the license for Firefly and the answer is NO. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe may change the rules, of course. Maybe people will be allowed to submit to Adobe Stock. More interestingly, maybe Adobe will automatically have the rights to images and can just sell them without paying a contributor - cutting out the middle man is attractive, and this might provide a way to cover the costs of running the service, since there is no copyright on AI images. Also Firefly is trained on Adobe Stock, so they might want to keep it out of Stock to avoid recursion. This is just my speculation, not inside knowledge. We don't even know if Firefly will continue after the current beta trial. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ah, found the relevant info. From Firefly FAQ for Adobe Stock Contributors "We invite you to request access to the beta and come play with this new model. During the beta phase of Adobe Firefly, any Adobe Firefly generated assets cannot be used for commercial purposes."  Hence, you canot submit to Adobe Stock today, because Adobe Stock is a commercial purpose.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i am relly sorry i did not mentioned. i was asking my question about the final version but i got your point. and very thankful for you kind reply.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't think we know yet whether, and under what terms, Adobe will allow Firefly-generated assets to be sold/licensed. 

Jill C., Forum Volunteer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think Adobe really don't know what they will do for sure. That's why they are having the beta. They will be looking at how many people sign up, having discussions about what they can charge vs the running costs, look at the status of AI in Adobe Stock for customers (eg have customer purchases gone down or up since the great AI explosion), many long long meeting with legal about copyright and licensing and so on and so on. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 14, 2023 Aug 14, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey i have a question. What about downloading a firefly generated pic, removing the watermark and then use "image to trace" in illustrator, export it as a jpg or png and then using it for a website? Is that allowed or not in terms of copyrights?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

IMHO, it's not allowed by user terms you agreed upon. But I'm not a lawyer.

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Firefly beta terms prevent you from using any AI images generated with that tool commercially. Certainly, anytime you need to remove a logo from something before you use it should be a clue that using that image is discouraged. Having said that, you can play with the image and do whatever you want to it, short of publishing it anywhere. 

Jill C., Forum Volunteer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't know if it will take flight but if it does, Firefly may eventually become a paid service the way Adobe Stock assets are sold. 

Based on latest rules released by the U.S. Copyright office, unless a human transforms or makes major changes to generative AI, it can't be protected by copyright.  So AI generated content on its own is just digital dust.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 15, 2023 Oct 15, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Check this answer:

Abambo_0-1697408304100.png

IMHO, the answer is yes, if you use the commercial version of Firefly.

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Latest from Adobe .. so the answer is yes.
Firefly-generated assets from the commercially released version can be submitted to Adobe Stock as long as they meet our generative AI submission guidelines and don't contain a watermark. In general, outputs from generative AI features may be used commercially.4 Oct 2023

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's now true. Output from the released version of Firefly can be uploaded to Adobe Atock, however uploads from Firefly Beta are prohibited.

Jill C., Forum Volunteer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines