• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can I re-submit my existing illustrations in PNG format?

Explorer ,
Sep 12, 2022 Sep 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello

I've just seen that Adobe are accepting PNG files now.

I have some vector illustrations that are already accepted in other formats, but  I think they would work better with transparent backgrounds .

I was wondering  if it would be okay for me to resubmit these as PNG files or if that would be considered spamming?

TOPICS
Contributors

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Community Expert , Sep 12, 2022 Sep 12, 2022

Illustrations should be submitted as math-based vector graphics (AI, EPS or SVG).  PNG is is for raster images and thus subject to pixelation.  I don't recommend re-submitting the same image.  If you do, your image will be reviewed again and possibly rejected this time.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert , Sep 12, 2022 Sep 12, 2022

There are reasons to submit PNG files, but those reasons do not include resubmitting existing vector files. It would be a simple task to offer existing vector files as PNG, instead of or in addition to JPEG, if the asset has been done with the needed care.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Illustrations should be submitted as math-based vector graphics (AI, EPS or SVG).  PNG is is for raster images and thus subject to pixelation.  I don't recommend re-submitting the same image.  If you do, your image will be reviewed again and possibly rejected this time.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Nancy

Thank you so much for replying, that’s really useful to know. I hadn’t realised that PNG was just for raster images.

I am a bit confused through, from reading this article I got the impression that Adobe was encouraging more PNG submissions: https://helpx.adobe.com/stock/contributor/help/png-with-transparency.html

Is it just that I shouldn’t re-submit my existing stock images as PNG files, or would you recommend that I steer clear of them for all future submissions too?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There are reasons to submit PNG files, but those reasons do not include resubmitting existing vector files. It would be a simple task to offer existing vector files as PNG, instead of or in addition to JPEG, if the asset has been done with the needed care.

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 13, 2022 Sep 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

PNG and JPG are both raster files.  The advantage PNG has over JPG is that is can support alpha-transparency which is useful for websites and composite projects. 

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines