• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can I upload photos of sports cars if they are mine or a render?

Community Beginner ,
Apr 17, 2022 Apr 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello I wanted to upload some pictures of sports cars these cars belonged to no one as they were rendered. However, it was rejected for copyright and I wonder if there is a way that it is not rejected, since I have seen that there are already many other images of sports cars on Adobe Stock and I am now wondering why they were allowed to upload it.

TOPICS
Troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Apr 17, 2022 Apr 17, 2022

The ownership of a photographed car is irrelevant. It's ownership of the design of a car that matters. Did you design/invent these sports cars? If they are a render of a Lamborghini, for example, or have recognisable elements of one, then the copyright belongs to Automobili Lamborghini (and you); both copyright holders (you and Automobili Lamborghini) would need to sign. 

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The ownership of a photographed car is irrelevant. It's ownership of the design of a car that matters. Did you design/invent these sports cars? If they are a render of a Lamborghini, for example, or have recognisable elements of one, then the copyright belongs to Automobili Lamborghini (and you); both copyright holders (you and Automobili Lamborghini) would need to sign. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Okay so now if I want to post a photo of a Lamborghini I need Lamborghini's consent?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Absolutely yes. Plus, if it contains any of their trademarks, Adobe will reject it anyway. 

Consider why: you are GUARANTEEING your work is free to use for any purpose. Like, say, advertising Maserati or use in an anti-petrol campaign, or to sell sunglasses. Lamborghini might not agree that their car designs can be used to sell other types of car, to campaign against cars, or to sell accessories...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

By the way, if you search Adobe stock for Lamborghini  you get a few thousand hits. But hover over most of them and you see "EDITORIAL USE ONLY". So, not for adverts. But new contributors can't submit editorial.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Okay thanks I will try in the next few days to get in contact with Lamborghini and see if I get the permit

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good luck! Please let us know how it goes. Remember you must get full commercial rights, not just rights to exhibit or publish. (Some people do view Adobe Stock as a kind of gallery, but it needs more rights than a gallery).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 18, 2022 Apr 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@TheBest6337 wrote:

Okay thanks I will try in the next few days to get in contact with Lamborghini and see if I get the permit

My guess: they refuse. Why? Because Ferrari could use your picture to make Lamborghini look bad.

You can add pictures of generic cars, i.e., when it is not obvious that it is a Lamborghini.

I will move this to the contributor forum.

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 07, 2023 Aug 07, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Read the IP guidelines regarding when a property release is required.

https://helpx.adobe.com/stock/contributor/help/property-release.html

• Distinctive product shapes like toys, bottles, luxury furniture, vehicles, and airplanes 

Just because you own the vehicle doesn't mean you can sell pictures of it commercially. Many vehicles have very distinctive shapes, such as BMW, VW bug, Mustang, Jaguar, etc. Even a rendering of such a distinctive vehicle could be refused if it bears a strong resemblance to the protected design. Additionally, even if it was a generic looking vehicle, you'd have to delete all identifiers, including model names, hood ornaments, hubcaps - anything with the manufacturer's logo on it. Nor can you use the manufacturer or model name in the titles and keywords.

Jill C., Forum Volunteer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 08, 2023 Aug 08, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The one you are answering is a spammer. ChatGPT generated text with a spam-link in. 😂

IMG_1489.jpeg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 08, 2023 Aug 08, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wow! Thanks for deleting that gibberish !

Jill C., Forum Volunteer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 09, 2023 Aug 09, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My pleasure.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Oct 19, 2023 Oct 19, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, you can definitely upload photos of sports cars, whether they are personally yours or a render. The process can be made even more convenient and efficient with the help of the fc mobile sports application. This app can assist you in easily organizing, managing, and sharing your collection of sports car images, ensuring that your valuable snapshots or digital renders are securely stored and readily accessible whenever you desire.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 19, 2023 Oct 19, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I would consider your answer definitely as a preparation for a spam message. You are a minute short of being banned from this platform.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines