• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can someone give me some feedback as to why this image was rejected?

Explorer ,
Jun 28, 2021 Jun 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can someone tell me what's wrong with this image? This is one of my best images and the only thing I can think of is that it's deemed not saleable content. The staff needs to be a little more specific with the reasons why images are declined instead of just "Technical Issues". All five of my images I have submitted recently were declined for said issues. Any feedback would be greatly appreciated. Black And Yellow Butterfly On Purple Flowers-1460 copy.jpg

TOPICS
Contributor critique

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jun 29, 2021 Jun 29, 2021

Hi Keith,

I simply suppose that the watermark is not part of the image. Indeed, cutting of the butterfly's tail is unfortunate, but the major problem is that not enough of the insect is infocus. with all portrait style images, you absolutly need to get the eye in focus. 0C88874A-3AA4-4406-B8AE-7A31A780ADEC.jpeg

Macro images like this one are, however only outstanding, if they are taken with focus stacking. 

You are also wrong, if you think that Adobe needs to be more specific for their refusals. Their aim is to fill their database

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Jun 29, 2021 Jun 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Technical issues are not used to say "unsalable content." You need to show us the original file you submitted, so it can be examined at a pixel level. If this is the file you submitted, then you need to know that a watermark is a technical failure. Composition is also a technical issue, the butterfly is badly placed because it is partly cut off. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Keith,

I simply suppose that the watermark is not part of the image. Indeed, cutting of the butterfly's tail is unfortunate, but the major problem is that not enough of the insect is infocus. with all portrait style images, you absolutly need to get the eye in focus. 0C88874A-3AA4-4406-B8AE-7A31A780ADEC.jpeg

Macro images like this one are, however only outstanding, if they are taken with focus stacking. 

You are also wrong, if you think that Adobe needs to be more specific for their refusals. Their aim is to fill their database with high quality images so that buyers are happy. They don't give you an in depth analysis of your pictures. That would be costly, inefficient and not worth the effort, as after a while you know to interpret the refusals. It's nothing personal nor is it a critique of the artistic value of the picture.

If you are new to stock, you should consider these resources: https://helpx.adobe.com/stock/contributor/tutorials.html
Please read the contributor user manual for more information on Adobe stock contributions: https://helpx.adobe.com/stock/contributor/user-guide.html
See here for rejection reasons: https://helpx.adobe.com/stock/contributor/help/reasons-for-content-rejection.html
and especially quality and technical issues: https://helpx.adobe.com/stock/contributor/help/quality-and-technical-issues.html

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

One also needs to remember that Adobe Stock isn't a 'teaching tool'. Either the assets are accepted or not.

On this forum, you can post - as you have done - and get advice on the possible reasons why.

If you read some of their (Adobe's) help guides - it can give you some insight. Admittedly they are not so clear, but then, one should know the terms, so actually, it's not an issue.

The issue here, I think, is composition and focus.

Look at some of the stock on butterflies:

1,143,448 BEST Butterflies IMAGES, STOCK PHOTOS & VECTORS | Adobe Stock

I'm afraid this one doesn't quite make it!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines