• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Changing Tax residence

New Here ,
Dec 22, 2022 Dec 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I've completed a Tax Residence form on a country and I'd like to change it to another.
Is it possible? 

I haven't tried to just do it, yet.

TOPICS
Contributors , Troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Dec 22, 2022 Dec 22, 2022

It's always possible. But you need to put in the country you reside in, not the country you would like to reside in.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's always possible. But you need to put in the country you reside in, not the country you would like to reside in.

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You need to put the country that requires you to pay taxes.

As an american, you always must put in USA even if yoiu live abroad because you always have to declare USA tax.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 23, 2022 Dec 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You need to put the country that requires you to pay taxes.

As an american, you always must put in USA even if yoiu live abroad because you always have to declare USA tax.

By @RALPH_L

That's because of the few super riches who don't pay taxes anyhow… 😉 But that's a different problem. My bank always wants me to declare, that I'm not an American citizen. ‌‌:-D

As a general rule, you need to pay your taxes where you live. (Well, again, when you are super rich you have probably means to circumvent that with legal and illegal means.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 26, 2022 Dec 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In addition: if you live in Germany, you need to pay your taxes in Germany too.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 05, 2023 Jan 05, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is possible to change your tax residence to another country, but the process for doing so will depend on the specific tax laws of the countries involved.

To change your tax residence, you may need to provide documentation to the tax authorities in both the country where you are currently a resident and the country where you want to become a resident. You may also need to meet certain requirements, such as spending a certain number of days in the new country each year.

It is recommended that you consult with a tax professional or the tax authorities in both countries to determine the steps you need to take to change your tax residence. They can advise you on the documentation you need to provide and any other requirements you must meet.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 08, 2023 Jul 08, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yes, its possible.
But for more professional advice consult with a Top accounting firm in London.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines