• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Classic Videos

New Here ,
Aug 02, 2023 Aug 02, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I uploaded these two videos, but unfortunately they were both rejected. Please bear in mind that these are videos from 1956, so the cualiality could not be the most professional. In the rejected reason they wrote is because of copy rights, but there is no way to recononice the people who are in the video and also most of them could be dead already. I will aprecciate if someone could give tips how I can add the videos better to be acept it.

TOPICS
Contributors , Troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Were you standing behind the camera? Part of the service terms are that you are the author and owner of the digital product. For every recognizable person, you need a release. Are they dead, who knows?  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The people are dead because they were my grandmother and her family who are all dead. The video was made by my grandfather and he is also dead, he gave these videos to me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In general, Image copyrights last for the duration of an image creator’s life, plus 70 years after that. Unless your grandfather legally transferred the copyright to you, you can't make commercial use of his works.

Jill C., Forum Volunteer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If @isabel31402153i18a is the rightful heir of that estate, she is entitled to submit those videos. The only caveat is that the moderators can't know that. But submitting the videos assumes that the submitter is the copyright holder. 

But with those 2 videos, there are different problems, that make them unfit for something like Adobe stock:

• The quality is not what is required. You can't change that. Adobe stock is not a repository of historic films.
  • You will need a model release from the people recognizable in the videos. That will be impossible to get. 
  • There may be IP issues if somewhere you see a logo or similar, but I doubt that the quality is good enough.

The conclusion is, that there is no chance to get this accepted by Adobe for inclusion into the database. Sorry for that.

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You cannot use your grandpa's videos on Stock.  I am in the the same leaky boat with my post WWII photographs taken by my dad when he was in Japan for 3 years.   Sorry.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines