Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

colour difference showing between Ai image and exported save for web jpeg

Explorer ,
Jun 19, 2022 Jun 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ColourVariation.jpg

I've used the same process for all my other files and haven't had this problem.  I've checked my colour profile settings always using the standard RGB.  

TOPICS
Troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 3 Correct answers

Community Expert , Jun 20, 2022 Jun 20, 2022

You should generate the preview on your own and submit a zip file, with both, the ai and the jpeg preview. Letting Adobe generate the preview, astonishly creates a colour change.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert , Jun 20, 2022 Jun 20, 2022

It's important to color calibrate your display.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert , Sep 03, 2023 Sep 03, 2023

You should generate the preview on your own and submit a zip file, with both, the ai and the jpeg preview. Letting Adobe generate the preview, astonishly creates a colour change.

By @Abambo

Just as an update: Adobe now generates the previews on their own in all cases, and the JPEG preview in the ZIP file gets ignored. This solves 2 problems:

• Some contributors were uploading the incorrect preview by error or on purpose, which caused people to be misled into making a purchase.
  • Adobe can generat

Votes

Translate

Translate
Explorer ,
Jun 19, 2022 Jun 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dell is updating my graphics driver so I'm hoping this may fix the problem. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 20, 2022 Jun 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's important to color calibrate your display.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Will do  - many thanks for the tip

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think its a success now - can't detect any variation now.  Again - thanks for your help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 21, 2022 Jun 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your tip has been a great one Abambo,  I've taken your advice and no longer have the problem which was only with one particular file not my other work.   I wish I'd zipped  all my previous work - so much easier. Thanks so much!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Don't pack the wrong previews to your Ai file.  From time to time people are complaining that the got the wrong file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 03, 2023 Sep 03, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

By @Abambo

Just as an update: Adobe now generates the previews on their own in all cases, and the JPEG preview in the ZIP file gets ignored. This solves 2 problems:

• Some contributors were uploading the incorrect preview by error or on purpose, which caused people to be misled into making a purchase.
  • Adobe can generate a PNG (with a transparent background) and a JPEG from a single Adobe Illustrator file, making the asset more versatile.

The colour shift problem has been addressed. So your asset should show correct colours in all cases.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Right. The colors on the previews from EPS-files are terrible at Adobe Stock.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Right. The colors on the previews from EPS-files are terrible at Adobe Stock.

By @oleschwander

Same solution: Create the JPEG preview, put both in a zip and upload.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines