• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

constructive criticism please

New Here ,
Dec 19, 2022 Dec 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been getting a high acceptance rate but no views/downloads yet. Can someone offer any tips?

https://stock.adobe.com/ca/contributor/211038787/Julian

TOPICS
Contributor critique

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 4 Correct answers

Community Expert , Dec 20, 2022 Dec 20, 2022

You don't see your views. With a portfolio like this, you will get sales in very limited numbers. Just looking at this picture: https://stock.adobe.com/ca/images/thai-woman-at-temple/552155759?prev_url=detail. The lady is static, does not interact with the public. The image leans left (that should have been a refusal). You do not have the hands of the lady in the picture. I wouldn't buy this picture even that you are nicely placed in search ranking for this one and a search term like “Thai woman

Votes

Translate

Translate

Hello,

Sorry to say, but after seeing your portfolio, this is your answer as to why you're not getting any downloads. To be honest, they are not really commercially viable. Just random pictures. A lot of them should really have been refused on quality standards. For example, the river scenes are burnt out - white bits on the water.

To be successful on stock not only means getting the photos accepted, but they also should sell!!!!

Composition is really, really important. I'm afraid you don't have

Votes

Translate

Translate

I took a quick look at your portfolio. As @Abambo indicated your images of flowers and greenery are in very competitive categories, and are unlikely to ever be seen by a potential buyer. Your titles aren't helpful either. For instance, one tropical looking flower has the title "red perennial". You need to be much more descriptive. Include the flower's common name as well as its Latin name, location, etc. Your images of water buffalo have a similar problem. Instead of titling it "water buffalo",

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert , Dec 26, 2022 Dec 26, 2022

Adobe Stock customers expect the highest visual and technical quality for use in commercial projects.  Emphasis on ready for commercial use.  Billboard ads, tv ads, posters, brochures, t-shirts, tote bags, calendars, web marketing, etc...

Also see this related topic:

https://community.adobe.com/t5/stock-contributors-discussions/how-to-sell-stock-images/m-p/12780712#M41047

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Dec 20, 2022 Dec 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You don't see your views. With a portfolio like this, you will get sales in very limited numbers. Just looking at this picture: https://stock.adobe.com/ca/images/thai-woman-at-temple/552155759?prev_url=detail. The lady is static, does not interact with the public. The image leans left (that should have been a refusal). You do not have the hands of the lady in the picture. I wouldn't buy this picture even that you are nicely placed in search ranking for this one and a search term like “Thai woman at a temple”.

Flower pictures sell rarely. In general, you need many more pictures than you have in your portfolio to have some sales.

Look here for indications that you would need to contribute to boost your sales: https://stock.adobe.com/pages/artisthub/

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

Sorry to say, but after seeing your portfolio, this is your answer as to why you're not getting any downloads. To be honest, they are not really commercially viable. Just random pictures. A lot of them should really have been refused on quality standards. For example, the river scenes are burnt out - white bits on the water.

To be successful on stock not only means getting the photos accepted, but they also should sell!!!!

Composition is really, really important. I'm afraid you don't have any!😒

I would suggest reading these links:

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I took a quick look at your portfolio. As @Abambo indicated your images of flowers and greenery are in very competitive categories, and are unlikely to ever be seen by a potential buyer. Your titles aren't helpful either. For instance, one tropical looking flower has the title "red perennial". You need to be much more descriptive. Include the flower's common name as well as its Latin name, location, etc. Your images of water buffalo have a similar problem. Instead of titling it "water buffalo", you could write "multiple water buffalo walking across a muddy rice paddy in Cambodia". I didn't look at the tags on your images, but suspect that you could improve those too. In general, though, you need to look for more unique content. 

Jill C., Forum Volunteer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 26, 2022 Dec 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Adobe Stock customers expect the highest visual and technical quality for use in commercial projects.  Emphasis on ready for commercial use.  Billboard ads, tv ads, posters, brochures, t-shirts, tote bags, calendars, web marketing, etc...

Also see this related topic:

https://community.adobe.com/t5/stock-contributors-discussions/how-to-sell-stock-images/m-p/12780712#...

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines