• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Constructive Critique Please

Community Beginner ,
Jun 29, 2020 Jun 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I am brand new to adobe stock and I posted two vector drawings that I made.  Both were rejected.  Would love to get some specific feed back.

Thanks so much!

TOPICS
Contributor critique

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 3 Correct answers

Community Beginner , Jun 30, 2020 Jun 30, 2020

The reason was that it doesn't fit thier needs.  I have looked as the specifications for submissions and I beleive that I have met all of those.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND , Jul 01, 2020 Jul 01, 2020

It isn't really about personal preferences. They are looking for work that their customers will pay for. I have no idea how they decide that, of course, but studying the creative trends could keep you inside the train. It is NOT a gallery, and sometimes we are too close to our own work to see the subtle difference between what is good and what will sell.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert , Jul 01, 2020 Jul 01, 2020

Hello,

"The reason was that it doesn't fit their needs." = "AESTHETIC OR COMMERCIAL APPEAL OF IMAGE

Unfortunately, during our review we found that it doesn't have the aesthetic or commercial appeal we're looking for, so we can't accept it into our collection."

So this means Adobe doesn't think it will sell.

And this means try again!

You could also read:
https://helpx.adobe.com/stock/how-to/tips-stock-image-acceptance.html?set=stock--fundamentals--adobe-stock-contributor

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Jun 30, 2020 Jun 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What specific reason was given for rejection, please. If we guess it may not be helpful to you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The reason was that it doesn't fit thier needs.  I have looked as the specifications for submissions and I beleive that I have met all of those.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for responding

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 01, 2020 Jul 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Marianne, beautiful work.  But without a more clear reason as to what the problem was, I'm not sure what to do.  Should I assume that they just didn't like the work?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It isn't really about personal preferences. They are looking for work that their customers will pay for. I have no idea how they decide that, of course, but studying the creative trends could keep you inside the train. It is NOT a gallery, and sometimes we are too close to our own work to see the subtle difference between what is good and what will sell.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you.   This makes sense.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please give the exact refusal reason. This is important so that we do not need to guess. "The reason was that it doesn't fit thier needs." is not a reason text as send out. It's either your interpretation or translation. You can paste the text here in the original language.

You may also look up the contributor documentation for more information about refusals. https://helpx.adobe.com/stock/contributor/user-guide.html?topic=/stock/contributor/morehelp/review.u...

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for responding.  That is exactly what they said.  I will comb over the refusals article you have provided me.  Very helpful!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello,

"The reason was that it doesn't fit their needs." = "AESTHETIC OR COMMERCIAL APPEAL OF IMAGE

Unfortunately, during our review we found that it doesn't have the aesthetic or commercial appeal we're looking for, so we can't accept it into our collection."

So this means Adobe doesn't think it will sell.

And this means try again!

You could also read:
https://helpx.adobe.com/stock/how-to/tips-stock-image-acceptance.html?set=stock--fundamentals--adobe...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines