• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Constructive Feedback Required - Why were these photos rejected?

Community Beginner ,
Oct 20, 2022 Oct 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I'm looking for feedback on wht these submissions got rejected, so far I haven't been able to find an image adobe will accept!

TOPICS
Contributor critique , Troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please explain exactly what the connection is to Pixar in the first picture. Also please tell is the full subject and keywords you used to submit that picture.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was tagging the picture and adobe offered the tag as an option so I thought I would add it

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The file name includes Pixar, so I guess the tag was suggested from that. Any art you submit must be completely original, not copied, not fan-art, not inspired by any other character. I have no idea if that applies here - but if you get over the technical issue, you will need an IP release where you speak as the owner of all rights to the work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks I'll try agian without the tag

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ah, yes, and please explain the horizontal white lines on the "grid" pictures. Is it an artistic statement?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I didn't notice the horizontal lines on the original but they appear sometimes when affinity photo resizes and image, exported as bilinear usually gets rid of them so maybe its an upload problem on here?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You should not resize for most of the cases.

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please give the reason for the refusal. Please find below, what I've detected, simply looking at the pictures:

None of your pictures are sharp (in focus), some have a signature and some have applied excessive processing. The horizontal lines on your pictures will be considered as an error. Converting to monochrome leads to a refusal. Noise is a technical issue, as is also under, over exposure, focus and many more.

Pixar figures won't be accepted for IP reasons. Make sure not to reference anything that reminds Pixar characters. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The reason for refusal is the wonderfully vague 'quality issues' as a newcomer I find this extremely unhelpful. I don't know what you mean by signature (is this a digital embed?) I did not convert the image to monochrome, it was born that way. I have not altered these images to adjust contrast because if I do they get rejected for alteration. The same will happen if I try to reduce the noise. The horizontal lines seem to be an affinity problem. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Signature/watermark: 8DDF0D3B-C884-48CE-B728-707B168B9329.jpeg

"born that way" ? What do you mean with that? 

grid_0 (31).jpg is monochrome. Monochrome images are rarely accepted.

The refusal reasons are generic, because Adobe optimizes image moderation to the maximum. But still, they are valuable for the primary refusal reason. 

Also, Adobe expects us to submit "perfect" pictures and moderation is done to protect potential buyers, not to give us contributors in depth assessment of our failures. Fellow contributors like me review posts here, based on experiance with own refusals and accepted pictures. 

For a start, you should read some good documentation about contributing here. If you are new to stock, you should consider these resources: https://helpx.adobe.com/stock/contributor/tutorials.html
Please read the contributor user manual for more information on Adobe stock contributions: https://helpx.adobe.com/stock/contributor/user-guide.html
See here for rejection reasons: https://helpx.adobe.com/stock/contributor/help/reasons-for-content-rejection.html
and especially quality and technical issues: https://helpx.adobe.com/stock/contributor/help/quality-and-technical-issues.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The images are digital so they are created in black and white rather than a colour photo thats converted. I'm starting to get the idea...I need to pay for a sub to lightroom to get contrast fixes accepted. Its difficult to get started when its all pay out before revenue comes in. Thanks for the links but I didn't find the articles all that halpful in telling me what I need to do to get an image accepted....such as resolution and size. It seems to be a trial and error process.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The Help articles that Abambo posted tell you virtually EVERYTHING that you need to know to be successful at getting images accepted. However, you also need to be skilled at photography and post-processing already. Adobe Stock isn't going to teach you that. For instance, you need to be able to recognize when your photos are in sharp focus. The two landscape images are both quite blurry and noisy, and the mysterious white lines are an obvious flaw.

Jill C., Forum Volunteer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines