Contributor Account Validation Issue and Incorrect 1099-MISC amount

New Here ,
Apr 17, 2022 Apr 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I have 2 issues that I need help with.

Issue #1:
My account has been blocked since May 2021 with the account validation issue. I contacted contributor-support@adobe.com that same month and they told me my account was suspended and under investigation and gave no reason as to why. I waited some weeks to let them do their investigation and contacted them again and said it was being handled by a different team with still no explanation. I try contacting several times over the course of almost 4 months when I finally get a response saying basically the same thing: “Your account is currently under investigation and I am afraid this is all the information I have. If anything changes, our security team will reach out to you directly via email with more details. Until then, the account will remain blocked.”
I have tried contacting them to this day but I never received anything since then.
At this point I stopped caring about being a contributor since the Adobe clearly doesn’t care about a contributor who is generating them money….

UNFORTUNATELY my troubles don’t stop there which leads me to MASSIVE PROBLEM #2….

Before my account was blocked on May 2021 I had been paid out $2,027.76 from sales in 2021 and unfortunately I stopped receiving any sales/royalties since then due to the block. Fast forward to this tax season… I finally receive my 1099-MISC from 2021 which states I received $5078.86 in royalties, that’s $3,051.20 extra that I was never paid for but that I have to pay taxes on now. I double checked my Paypal account to make sure I didn’t over look any missing payments but sure enough I was only paid the $2027.76. This means that Adobe continued to sell my work while my account was blocked and not pay me my royalties. Of course my account is still blocked so I have zero access to any of my contributor information including the tax section to see a breakdown of what those numbers meant.

Again, I used the useless “Contact Us” form for the 100th time since the beginning of 2022 to get this resolved and surprise, no response for neither the SERIOUS TAX PROBLEM nor my account validation issues.” I then tried the online chat where they pointed me to the adobetax@adobe.com support team which I’ve sent multiple emails over the course of the past 3 months and STILL NO RESPONSE FROM ANYONE.

If Adobe wants to infinitely block me from being a contributor for whatever reason, fine… But the fact that I have to pay taxes on the $3,051.20 that Adobe apparently stole from me is FRAUD.

Is there anyone from the Adobe support team that can actually help me please?

TOPICS
Contributors

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Apr 18, 2022 Apr 18, 2022

We can't help you here and Adobe will not discuss this on this public place. Contact Contributor support and Adobe tax for anything else. We are users and contributors here, and we can't help with this matter.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Apr 18, 2022 Apr 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We can't help you here and Adobe will not discuss this on this public place. Contact Contributor support and Adobe tax for anything else. We are users and contributors here, and we can't help with this matter.

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 27, 2022 Apr 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

they did the same to me. it sound like Adobe doesn't like, when someone is reaching for his  EARNED money.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines