• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Contributor Critique

New Here ,
Jan 12, 2021 Jan 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello community, I've got reject on following picture, any ideas why would that be? Refuse reason is: Technical difficulties.
Thank you!

20181014153940.JPG

TOPICS
Contributor critique

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

One probably seems to be that the depth of field is too narrow. Only the front of the coffee and top of the cup are in focus.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Huntsman0D45 ,

There are several problems with this picture. The main problem, however, is the focus plane. It's to narrow. To be useful, more of the cup should be in focus. Then the image composition: There is a leftover in the upper left corner that is disturbing. In addition it looks like there is some colour noise in that white patch.

As a personal note, I would have turned the cup, so that the handle is not looking backward. The cube of sweet should be in either in focus or completly out of focus. The lines of the table cloth should be more paralel to the image border. And a coffee spoon would have been a nice accessory for the image.

The iconic cup pattern may also be an ip problem. I'm not sure how the moderator would appreciate that.

nb: I will move this to the Stock Contributor forum.

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Abambo for your check, I'll take it into account. I am a beginner in this field so I was surprised that this didn't pass since some of (in my view) worse images made it through.

So in general, can we say that narrow field of depth is in stock photography is not wanted or is it just case of this phography that it's too much?

Thank you!

Miloslav

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's to much. Depth of field is great to separeate the background from the subject, but something needs to be in focus.

Also: check your images at 100% or 200% for visible defects. Correct those before submitting.

And as a third: the histogram should show an equilibrated graph. And the white balance should be correct.

If you are new to stock, you should consider these resources: https://helpx.adobe.com/stock/contributor/tutorials.html
Please read the contributor user manual for more information on Adobe stock contributions: https://helpx.adobe.com/stock/contributor/user-guide.html
See here for rejection reasons: https://helpx.adobe.com/stock/contributor/help/reasons-for-content-rejection.html
and especially quality and technical issues: https://helpx.adobe.com/stock/contributor/help/quality-and-technical-issues.html

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi @Huntsman0D45 ,

Sharpness is important to give your file maximum chance for sales. It is important for cropping. Soft edges cannot be cropped. In addition to what was said, I also believe you could add a tat more exposure. I suggest you redo this subject with better sharpness. I like the subject and and think it would be nice if you have it approved. 

Best wishes

JG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines