• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Copyright clarification

Community Beginner ,
Mar 13, 2022 Mar 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would like to clarify if I can use a purchased standard or enhanced licence stock vector from Adobe or other stock websites, combine it with other purchased stock vectors, edit the vectors with my own edits, add animations to the edited vectors using After Effects and then upload as a video as my own asset?  Will I be considered the owner of this asset or am I infringing any copyright?

TOPICS
Contributors

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Community Expert , Mar 13, 2022 Mar 13, 2022

Short answer: No.

With respect to Adobe Stock's submission requirements, you cannot use another artists work in your project without a signed property release by the other artists. 

Understand copyright.

You must own or control all the rights to the files you submit to Adobe Stock. Don't submit files that don't belong to you, such as photos taken by your spouse. Don't incorporate anything into your content that was created by someone else — not even images you got from a website that allows

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee , Mar 16, 2022 Mar 16, 2022

You must own the copyright to all elements in the assets you submit to stock. You cannot take work created by someone else and use it as your own stock content.

Kind regards,

Mat Hayward

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The various licenses specify what you can do with any asset that you license. However, for a more precise answer, I think you should post your question on the Adobe Stock forum. This is the Adobe Stock Contributors forum.

https://stock.adobe.com/license-terms

Jill C., Forum Volunteer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Short answer: No.

With respect to Adobe Stock's submission requirements, you cannot use another artists work in your project without a signed property release by the other artists. 

Understand copyright.

You must own or control all the rights to the files you submit to Adobe Stock. Don't submit files that don't belong to you, such as photos taken by your spouse. Don't incorporate anything into your content that was created by someone else — not even images you got from a website that allows free downloads â€” unless you have a complete property release from the owner of the other content. 

https://helpx.adobe.com/stock/contributor/help/submission-guidelines.html

Hope that helps.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 16, 2022 Mar 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You must own the copyright to all elements in the assets you submit to stock. You cannot take work created by someone else and use it as your own stock content.

Kind regards,

Mat Hayward

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 16, 2022 Mar 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You own the copyright on your modifications, but not on the different parts you used for a creation. Technically, this is a mixed work, and you would need to get the authorization of all the authors for doing this. That's not a possibility, you can acquire with a stock subscription or similar. So, as others have said: No, you can't do this.

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines