Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

copyright infringement / standard license used for products

New Here ,
Feb 02, 2022 Feb 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

i have yet a tiny portfolio with less than 40 images, but i am quite happy that i sold one of those images already 40 times. Out of boredom and intererst i tried the reverse image search from google to see if i can find out where my top seller is being used and i found a webshop for door mats:

https://matten-welt.com/collections/fussmatten-shop-lander-stadte/products/fussmatte-7555-hamburg?va...

Now i am wondering if that is an API partner of ADOBE or not... (@MatHayward ?)
I found another website where it is obvious that they are partnered with ADOBE (or they are even bolder): 
https://shop.vidime.hr/poster-123-cvjecara-326723210-m-wen-vor-der-elbphilharmonie-im-hamburg-hafen....

I am totally fine with such a way of portfolio spreading, but i am not sure about that first shop.

If i understand it right, an extended license for product use costs 63.99 € and from that my share would be 33%, roughly 21.00 €? Hmmm, i sold it 40 times summing up to about 36.00 $ so in my (perhaps flawed) logic there was never purchased an extended license.
Maybe they used a standard license for advertising the mat, and it has not been sold yet, and once it does they buy an extended license.

The only way to find out is to order a door mat.

Either i will have an extended license sale and my moms place a new door mat.

Or your blood hounds will have work. And their shop is only 617 km from my place.... 😄
Best wishes from St.Pauli!

Jan

TOPICS
Contributor critique , Contributors

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 12, 2022 Mar 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe Contributor Support kann Dir bestimmt weiterhelfen: Need help? (Stock Contributor Support) 

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe API partners have the right to show the Adobe Stock catalog. Perhaps 100 million images. They do NOT (fixed typo) pay you for this: they do not get you image at all. They pay only if the image is used in a product. I don't know which license they get; I suspect it is the standard license, one per product made (an enhanced license allows unlimited products). 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Looks like a partner to me-

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines