• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Critique, please

New Here ,
Aug 26, 2022 Aug 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi! Why do you think these photos were not accepted? Feedback welcomed!

IMG_0913.jpgRainbowLeaves-2.jpg

TOPICS
Contributor critique

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Community Expert , Aug 26, 2022 Aug 26, 2022

I like the thought of getting ready for fall!

For the first one, sun flares are discouraged and there isn't much sharp in the image.

For the second one I think there are several smaller things that landed a quality rejection.  The image is borderline on sharpness, there isn't much detail in the leaves and the leaves could use some spot removal, the space between the boards with other leaves showing looks out of place, there is noise in the shadows, etc.  It's a neat photo, but it's just not "pol

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert , Aug 26, 2022 Aug 26, 2022

Hi @Shauna M ,

The first file is not completely sharp and noisy.

jacquelingphoto2017_1-1661542362623.png

It also have what appears to be color fringing.

jacquelingphoto2017_2-1661542530684.png

The second image is also not completely in focus and is underexposed.

jacquelingphoto2017_3-1661542695047.png

Best wishes

Jacquelin

I

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I like the thought of getting ready for fall!

For the first one, sun flares are discouraged and there isn't much sharp in the image.

For the second one I think there are several smaller things that landed a quality rejection.  The image is borderline on sharpness, there isn't much detail in the leaves and the leaves could use some spot removal, the space between the boards with other leaves showing looks out of place, there is noise in the shadows, etc.  It's a neat photo, but it's just not "polished up" from a technical perspective.

Hope that helps!

George F, Fine Art Landscape Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Very helpful, thank you! The colored leaves were taken with an iPhone, so that probably doesn't help the quality either. 🙂 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Very helpful, thank you! The colored leaves were taken with an iPhone, so that probably doesn't help the quality either. 🙂 

By @Shauna M

iPhone (phone pictures in general) pictures need meticulous handling and avoiding of fancy filters (that's true as well for other pictures, but phone users have a feeble for those easy to use, great-looking photo filters). Best is also here to shoot in raw.

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Shauna M ,

The first file is not completely sharp and noisy.

jacquelingphoto2017_1-1661542362623.png

It also have what appears to be color fringing.

jacquelingphoto2017_2-1661542530684.png

The second image is also not completely in focus and is underexposed.

jacquelingphoto2017_3-1661542695047.png

Best wishes

Jacquelin

I

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Except for the underexposure, I'm in-line with @jacquelingphoto2017's assessment. I would just like to lighten up the shadows a little. However, as most of the troubles here in the picture are uncorrectable, a shadow boost would not help much.

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Aug 27, 2022 Aug 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Jacqueline and François have said everything about quality and technique. For my part I would add that although it is possible to do cool things with a smartphone, it is OK for Insta. Apparently you like composing images. You'll have a lot more fun with a camera and lenses. No need to invest millions. Get a good start with your APN and in case of shortcomings do not hesitate to follow training or internships in the field. Beautiful photos to you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines