• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

critique requested

New Here ,
Aug 27, 2021 Aug 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please, can I get a critique as to why these images weren't accepted?  Reasoning Technical.  Can also provide corrective advice?

TOPICS
Contributor critique

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Aug 27, 2021 Aug 27, 2021

Hi @My Third Eye Media,

You have Artefacts, blown out areas, noise, white balance problems, chromatic aberration. I didn't check all your pictures, but all I did check have some or all of these problems.

Artefacts (halo effects) due to sharpening:

Abambo_0-1630061508055.png

Noise and white balance, out of focus (lens border?), chromatic aberration, other artefacts...:

Abambo_1-1630061546728.png

Artefacts and blown out areas:

Abambo_2-1630061716671.png

If you have the raw files, you may be able to use less aggressive processing. I doubt, however, that the pictures ca

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @My Third Eye Media,

You have Artefacts, blown out areas, noise, white balance problems, chromatic aberration. I didn't check all your pictures, but all I did check have some or all of these problems.

Artefacts (halo effects) due to sharpening:

Abambo_0-1630061508055.png

Noise and white balance, out of focus (lens border?), chromatic aberration, other artefacts...:

Abambo_1-1630061546728.png

Artefacts and blown out areas:

Abambo_2-1630061716671.png

If you have the raw files, you may be able to use less aggressive processing. I doubt, however, that the pictures can be saved for stock use.

A tip: when taking pictures like this, put your camera into all manual mode and use exposure bracket. You need a tripod, but I suppose you had one. Don't process aggressively. And expect stringent vetting because sunset/sunrise pictures are among the best represented in the database.

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Abambo,

Thank you, for your feedback.  It is interesting to actually see the mistake or technical issue through the eyes of someone else.

Truly appreciate it.

Eric 

MyThirdEyeMedia

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

With your pictures, they are quite easy to spot because you overprocessed your pictures.

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines