Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Critiques for Technical Rejections

New Here ,
Sep 08, 2021 Sep 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

New to stock. Had a mixed bag of photos being accepted/rejected for the ever-vague "Technical Reasons" which I would appreciate some feedback on.

IMG_8871

Not entirely sure what is wrong with this other than possibly the shallow DoF. On reflection the sand isn't sharp. It was a very grey day in Jokulsarlon (that was a short burst of sun before dense fog rolled over again!) so I was shooting almost wide open. The stone is focussed, but the sand not so much. Anything else? I like it as a photo but perhaps as a graphic asset it needs everything in focus.

IMG_9711

There are some clipped elements, but that is somewhat the point of a sun-through-trees photo.

DSCF0699

Again, some clipped elements - but it's a moody sunset photo. I can't believe I would need a model release for the distant silhouetted figures.

Thanks!

TOPICS
Contributor critique

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can't zoom in very far but my guess is they might just be too soft, not tack sharp enough? I've been having the similar rejection issues, and my only guess is my images aren't tack-sharp enough for their standard. I don't know if that helps much. 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You have a good eye for a picture and composition. Now you need to work on the technical details. At the most basic level: all of these pictures are too dark, and none show detail at 100%; in some cases it isn't clear what you were focussing on.

TestScreenName_0-1631110321539.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

IMG_8871 is the most interesting one in my opinion, but it's underexposed. You could edit it and upload it again.

IMG_9711 in addition to your guess, this photo is also severely underexposed and out of focus.

DSCF0699 Don't be angry, but to be honest, for me this photo consists of rather uninteresting areas with color noise

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

1. Very noisy and the large blown out blob in the sky isn't very appealing 

2. Interesting composition but sharp focus on the rock was not achieved

3. Underexposed and noisy. To achieve a balanced exposure on this type of scene, use bracketed images and blend them in Light Room or PS using the HDR mode.

Jill C., Forum Volunteer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines