• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Decline for Intellectual Property Violation--why???

Explorer ,
May 12, 2020 May 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do not understand the decline since in their Premium selection there is a
photo in stock of Vietnam Memorial Wall almost identical. Just not as good
as this one. ;>]
I've just gotten started with the Stock program and need to understand the
rules of the game, I guess.

Any input would be appreciated.

TOPICS
Contributor critique

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi RonCar,

Usually famous landmarks are prohibited. I cannot say for the examples you speak of since you have not included the links in your post. However it is likely they are generic, or include public space. Please take a look at the guidelines at https://helpx.adobe.com/stock/contributor/help/property-release.html in details for more information.

Your photo appears to be totally taken on restricted property.

Best wishes 

JG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just got through the details. 120 years old before there is no need for releases. Restricted, why, due to crovid19?

But thanks for the response.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think people expect moderators to be infinitely knowledgable, even psychic in some cases. For example, they don't include a property release for art BECAUSE THEY PAINTED IT, though how could the moderator know? Or, no model release for what turns out to be a self-portrait. Similarly, they aren't military historians (may not even be in the USA). If it looks like it MIGHT need a release, best to include one - help them out! By supplying a release you're taking liability if it turns out not to be true - Adobe like that, but as yours will be true, that's fine too... 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Perhaps for the other photo a correct property release was submitted? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are probably right. I am submitted one today to NPS in DC.  See if they are helpful.

I appreciate your response and for thinking outside my box.

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Ron,

You need to appreciate the importance of releases. They are for our protection against legal action. There are certain little details that you will discover as you go along that will get some of your photos approved. I mentioned one in my reply above. 

Instead of lashing out against the moderators who are trying their best to protect us, why don't you attach the link of those you said are close to yours so we can have a better discussion as to possibly why they are approved?

Best wishes

JG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

First, I don't feel "lashing out" was the tone of my email.

Secondly, I feel you would be better served if you search Adobe Stock for the Vietnam Memorial. I doubt if you would trust my link.

Thirdly, I talked to the supervisor at the NPS(National Park Service) for the Mall. All the statues, monuments, buildings are considered Public Art under the supervision of the NPS. Public is the keyword here, therefore, anyone can take photographs and publish them. NPS says they cannot sign releases because the artwork is PUBLIC, and that is who the owner is--you, me, and all the citizens of the USA.

I am currently waiting for an email from said supervisor to share with Adobe support.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 13, 2020 May 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you for sharing the results of your research. But do you really expect this is the sort of knowledge moderators will have for each possible building in the world? Support aren't interested in advancing single cases, I'm sure - that's just not ecomomic - you need to include a release. It would be very helpful if someone could explain how to fill out a release in this case.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines