• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Did Adobe support hold it against me personally?

New Here ,
Feb 23, 2023 Feb 23, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I will tell you my case to see if this has happened to someone else:

I started selling on Adobe Stock a while ago, and since I was just starting to sell, I made typical rookie mistakes, and in that I sent some illustrations that I had used to create 3D book covers.

And I just sent those illustrations to Adobe Stock, and they blocked my account for Intellectual Property.

I explained my case by mail, asking for help, since it was my first time selling on Adobe Stock and I wanted to see how I could recover my account.

It turns out that Adobe Stock support stopped responding to the emails I sent, and this case has been going on for more than 2 months, and I still don't have information about the blocked account.

Even in the Adobe Stock support chat, my messages are not answered.

And I also had to create a new account, and it's been 10 days, and they still don't review the illustrations I send for review in that new account.

This is where I come to think that since they know that the new account is from the same IP as the previous blocked account, then they don't want me to review the new illustrations that I send.

Is this happening to anyone else, or did it happen to you?

I just want to know from Adobe Stock support, if it is possible to recover my previous blocked account, that's all... But to start with a new account.

[Moderator moved the thread to the correct forum]

TOPICS
Troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 23, 2023 Feb 23, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is NOT Adobe Stock support.

Many people finding that the review times are very long at the moment. This is probably because of a flood of AI submissons. 10 days is not unusual.

However, if you breached the terms and conditions, and submitted work for which you did not have copyright, I would expect Adobe to ban you, personally, forever. There is zero tolerance for this, and Adobe weren't born yesterday.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 24, 2023 Feb 24, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

First, Adobe customer care is not in charge for supporting contributors, as they are not customers. That's chat.

Second, as I understood, you simply send in Illustrations that were not yours and that Adobe detected that and blocked your account. I really can only support this. In such a case, as far as I know, the Adobe policy is to close the account definitly. 

It seems, however, that you can open a new account under a new e-mail and recontribute to the stock database. 

I know that currently, generative Art is taking a longer time to be moderated. As for other submissions, I suppose that they too experience some delay. I've submitted a few days ago Illustrative Editorial assets, they did pass fast. 

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Quote:  "I started selling on Adobe Stock a while ago, and since I was just starting to sell, I made typical rookie mistakes, and in that I sent some illustrations that I had used to create 3D book covers.

And I just sent those illustrations to Adobe Stock, and they blocked my account for Intellectual Property."

And at THIS point at least you do not have an Adobe Stock Account and therefore they would not answer it. When creating the Adobe Stock account, you have assured that you will follow the rules and when uploading illustrations and photos it is necessary that these are really your own. This does not seem to have been the case, at least according to the text, and in that respect everything went right.

Maybe try to do it right this time, read the guidelines, etc. so that your Account would not be blocked.

Quote:" And I also had to create a new account, and it's been 10 days, and they still don't review the illustrations I send for review in that new account."

Hopefully you did it right this time and your Illustrations are in Order. Reviews can be a little longer these days, but normaly 1-2 weeks.

Before you submit, please review the submission guidelines carefully and compare your work with other Stock inventory. To be accepted, your work should be as good or better than what's already represented in your keyword category.

https://helpx.adobe.com/stock/contributor/help/reasons-for-content-rejection.html
https://helpx.adobe.com/stock/contributor/help/quality-and-technical-issues.html

https://helpx.adobe.com/stock/contributor/help/photography-illustrations.html
https://helpx.adobe.com/stock/how-to/tips-stock-image-acceptance.html

Hope that helps.

regards,
Henrik

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I disagree with your statement that it was a "typical rookie mistake".  The Stock Contributor Agreement that you signed with Adobe is a LEGAL document. I always read every word before signing a legal agreement. It is quite clear regarding intellectual property requirements which require you to hold clear title and interest in anything you upload. Adobe has zero tolerance for that type of violation of their T&C's.

And now you've posted here, a forum maintained by Adobe, and admitted that you've created another account, presumably under a different email account, which allows Adobe to confirm that the new account was created by a former Contributor who was banned.

Jill C., Forum Volunteer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And now you've posted here, a forum maintained by Adobe, and admitted that you've created another account, presumably under a different email account, which allows Adobe to confirm that the new account was created by a former Contributor who was banned.

By @Jill_C

A contributor, whose account got definitely blocked, contacted contributor support and contributor support confirmed that he was allowed to open an account under a different e-mail. The original account will get closed. I do not have a doubt about this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks friends, that was all I wanted to know, that the account was blocked forever.

Since the support never confirmed it to me, then I didn't understand this process.

And the support did tell me that I could open a new account taking into account the rules of the site.

Thanks to all for the help.

I was trying to delete this post that I made here in the community, but I can't find how to delete it, because I already have the answer I needed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can't delete posts. And posts are indeed also thought to help other users. This is a public forum. 

Adobe generally sends a final message. You should watch your spam.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How do you know why it was blocked?

Your case was probably reviewed and found that the images were likely someone elses property.

If you get no answer from your inquiries, you are out of luck. Adobe has the right to cancel any account.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

@RALPH_L,

When people upload other people's work, they know that. They even think that nobody would see that. Or when they take a subscription to boost their account, they know that they did that. And when they spam the moderation queue, they know that they did that. It's just that many people are not convinced that Adobe finds out about this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines