• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Drawings got rejected!

Community Beginner ,
Jul 22, 2021 Jul 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just uploaded a bunch of different illustrations I've done. 

But they all got rejected.

Two christmas/yule card and a cute card of a balloon seller and two kids got rejected because the needed some kind of contract. I don't get it - I made them! I don't need anybodys accept to make them public accessible, do I????

These three got rejected on these issues:

The one with the reader and the one with the traveller on technical issues

The one of Queen Elizabeth II on immateriel issues

Hope you can help me out

Best regards
Jon Skraentskov,

Copenhagen, Denmark

læs en bog.jpgdeath and the traveller.jpgchristmas yuletide card 2020.jpgMerry Christmas Card 2020 - Jon Skraentskov.jpgballoner.jpgQueen Elisabeth.jpg

TOPICS
Contributors

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When you say "some kind of contract" do you mean an IP release? Because you will need one. Adobe have no legal way to know that you are the artist - you could be photographing someone else's art and trying to sell it illegally! You would not want someone who has a copy of your drawings to be allowed to sell it on Stock...! So you need to make a legally binding release, as the artist. This is covered in Adobe's guidelines in detail. 
Tip: on the form the "artist" is the photographer and the "owner" is the person making the design. 
I like your work, by the way, please just take care of the paperwork...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The first 2 are black and white and Adobe stock normally does not accept black and white, even that in your case that is nonsense. Unfortunately, there is no appeal… So for the moment being, you will need to keep those beside and concentrate on the colour ones. As soon as you have got the colour ones through, I would recommend submitting the B&W also the same way again.

The queen will never pass, as the queen is a real person which may be protected. I think you should offer that one to the newspapers directly. They could be interested… 🙂 If, however, you put “old lady” in the description, without naming “The Queen”, you may submit the picture again. But the big incentive to use that picture is gone…

As for the three other pictures, submit them again with a property release stating that you are the creator of that artwork as @Test Screen Name suggests and let see if that passes. If not, update this again with the exact refusal reason (even in your language: if you copy-paste the text, we can translate it and guess the refusal reason).

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 23, 2021 Jul 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much for making that clear me 🙂

Best wishes 

Jon

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Jon Skræntskov,

Whatever you submit to Adobe Stock must be fit for commercial use. That's what Adobe customers expect.  Cartoons, drawings and other original artwork must be accompanied by a signed property release form by you the artist/owner.

Property Release form in English:

https://contributor.stock.adobe.com/static/releases/property/Releases-en.0fc657ba4429206364e631d0849...

Property Release form in Danish (courtesy of Getty Images):

https://contributors.gettyimages.com/img/articles/downloads/fbb7a3bd-1327-4bad-baa4-b63055a540a8.pdf

How to submit a release form:

https://helpx.adobe.com/stock/contributor/help/upload-a-model-or-property-release.html

Property Release form checklist:

https://helpx.adobe.com/content/dam/help/en/stock/contributor/help/property-release/_jcr_content/mai...

Good luck!

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 23, 2021 Jul 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you so much 🙂

Best wishes 

Jon

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines