• ķ•œźµ­ ģ»¤ė®¤ė‹ˆķ‹°
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Dropping Out of Shutterstock

New Here ,
Jan 09, 2022 Jan 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can anyone share their experience of pulling their portfolio from Shutterstock. What was the impact on sales  with Adobe and other agencies?

TOPICS
Contributors

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why should that have any effect on other agencies?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you asking if you take your content off Shutterstock, will your content perform better on Adobe?

Rob R, Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you submit the same assets to BOTH agencies?

Nancy O'Sheaā€” Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 10, 2022 Jan 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What you sell on Shutterstock, you won't sell on Adobe stock, and vice versa. I think customers are looking for different things, my bestseller here is a middle seller there. But my general earnings with Adobe stock are higher, so why should I bother too much to put my images on a different platform?

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 11, 2022 Jan 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"why should I bother too much to put my images on a different platform?"

Generally if you are contributing stock content as a job and not a hobby you will be submitting to multiple platforms.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Generally if you are contributing stock content as a job and not a hobby you will be submitting to multiple platforms.

========

Perhaps.  But submitting identical assets to multiple stock sites tends to dilute the asset's earning potential especially if customers can get the same asset elsewhere for less money (credits).

Nancy O'Sheaā€” Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Please see this part from my other comment:

"However if you have very unique content and there are customers that go out of their way to search out where they can purchase your content then maybe you will notice a light impact with regards to sales."

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Whether or not you have content on Shutterstock or not won't affect sales on Adobe Stock.

However if you have very unique content and there are customers that go out of their way to search out where they can purchase your content then maybe you will notice a light impact with regards to sales.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

*slight

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines