• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Earning from a single photo or a series

Contributor ,
Feb 13, 2022 Feb 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there a way to know how much we have earned from a specific shoot or from a single image, not just from a specific period?
Thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 14, 2022 Feb 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In the Dashboard click on the link in the upper right hand corner just above the graph, "View My Statistics". In the left hand side of the statistics screen, change the drop down to Activity. To the right just above the graph, select "Export as CSV". This data can be opened in a spreadsheet for further analysis. The date range is limited to 13 months, however, so you would have to do multiple downloads to build a worksheet that includes all of your history. This would allow you to calculate sales from a specific image, but not from a specific shoot unless you can find a way to group those together in the worksheet. The download does include the original file name, so if your file name includes the shoot date, as mine do, that would be an effective way to group by shoot.

Jill C., Forum Volunteer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Feb 15, 2022 Feb 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Jill, but It would be awesome if Adobe had made this kinda easier and could be viewed direclty on our homepage.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 15, 2022 Feb 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I agree, but now that I've set up a worksheet with Pivot Tables I can view my sales based on any of the downloadable parameters.

Jill C., Forum Volunteer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 19, 2022 Feb 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How do you setup a worksheet with Pivot Tables?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Download the data from Adobe Stock in CSV format. Open the CSV file with Microsoft Excel. Highlight the data range. Click Insert and select Pivot Table. For more precise instructions consult the MS Excel Help files.

Jill C., Forum Volunteer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe could include a lot of features in the dashboard, but there beeds to be a reason for this. I do not know what this would get me as additional information. For judging the success of a picture, it seems to me more important to know the number of downloads, as there are many different payouts per download as the subscription the end user has differs. Different subscription, different payout.

What is your motivation for this, except a nice to know?

In terms of earnings, it's not interesting to me, what a picture generated 3 years ago. 

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For me, it's mere curiousity. I like to know which are my best selling images and how much I've earned from them. It also helps to remind me what types of images are most likely to be sold.

Jill C., Forum Volunteer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Jill_C wrote:

It also helps to remind me what types of images are most likely to be sold.

The number of downloads is a better measure for this. At the end of the day that will be your best earner.

As for other motives: does that motivate Adobe to invest into developement?

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Probably not. New features that improve the experience for Contributors are few and far between...

Jill C., Forum Volunteer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Feb 21, 2022 Feb 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Its not just to know. I am interested overall how my specific shoots are going, what are their stats. If I invest more in a shoot how will that reflect. So I will know what to change, how much to invest in future, what is bad, what is good etc.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines