• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Earnings

Community Beginner ,
Jul 05, 2022 Jul 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What % does Adobe take from contributor’s work sold through Stock? Considering the effort, cost and high-quality equipment used to submit images, the money earned seems like a pittance. One of my photographs recently earned less than $4.00 from three downloads, yet this same image had earned me more than $2,000.00 from other sources prior to me contributing it to Adobe Stock.

Another issue is the banking process, which is not user friendly. In my own country, Australia, the options for receiving the money from Adobe are very limited. Considering the tiny amount of money earned from each sale, it would take a very long time for contributors’ earnings to reach the minimum required for money to be forwarded onto them. Why not use these meagre earnings to reduce customers' subscriptions each month so that they at least receive some kind of financial reward?

What are the criteria for placing images into your ‘Premium’ category? Do contributors have to pay Adobe to get them there?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 4 Correct answers

Community Expert , Jul 05, 2022 Jul 05, 2022

Premium contributors are by invitation. Adobe will contact you on this, if they think your contribution fits their needs. 

As for the rest, you get around 30% from each sale, which is quite much, when comparing with other stock providers. See here: https://helpx.adobe.com/stock/contributor/help/royalty-details.html

I will move this to the contributor forum.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Welcome to the world of stock photography. The earnings come through the number of downloads, not individual photos.

If you get over 10,000 downloads, you then can earn $0.38. It's sales by volume!

In this way, you could do quite well. Key thing is to upload photos that will generate numerous downloads!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Virtually all of Adobe Stock Buyers have signed up for a monthly or annual Subscription, which permits them to download a specified number of images per month. The most frequently appearing denominations among my downloads are $.99 and $.33/$.36 which would seem to indicate that the most popular subscriptions are the 10 Credits/Month and the 350 Credits/Month. Stock Contributors earn a 33% commission. It's definitely not a get rich scheme, and I believe most of us Contributors regard it as a sou

Votes

Translate

Translate

A consistent side-income from Stock takes months, even years to develop a large enough portfolio of diverse inventory that appeals to wide range of content creators.  You're not selling one image, you're selling many of the same image, again & again...

Are you marketing your work on social media? 

Do you have an Adobe Portfolio site yet? 

https://help.myportfolio.com/hc/articles/360036296814-Selling-Adobe-Stock-on-Adobe-Portfolio

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Premium contributors are by invitation. Adobe will contact you on this, if they think your contribution fits their needs. 

As for the rest, you get around 30% from each sale, which is quite much, when comparing with other stock providers. See here: https://helpx.adobe.com/stock/contributor/help/royalty-details.html

I will move this to the contributor forum.

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 07, 2022 Jul 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you ....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 08, 2022 Jul 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You're welcome.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Welcome to the world of stock photography. The earnings come through the number of downloads, not individual photos.

If you get over 10,000 downloads, you then can earn $0.38. It's sales by volume!

In this way, you could do quite well. Key thing is to upload photos that will generate numerous downloads!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for that information Ricky.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Virtually all of Adobe Stock Buyers have signed up for a monthly or annual Subscription, which permits them to download a specified number of images per month. The most frequently appearing denominations among my downloads are $.99 and $.33/$.36 which would seem to indicate that the most popular subscriptions are the 10 Credits/Month and the 350 Credits/Month. Stock Contributors earn a 33% commission. It's definitely not a get rich scheme, and I believe most of us Contributors regard it as a source of "hobby income" and as a way of monetizing the images we already have in our archives.

Jill C., Forum Volunteer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jill - that explains some aspects of my questions, so thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's definitely not a get rich scheme, and I believe most of us Contributors regard it as a source of "hobby income" and as a way of monetizing the images we already have in our archives.

By @Jill_C

Professional contributors are relatively rare and even for them, I would guess that stock is a kind of additional income. I suppose that there are a very low number of contributors making a living from stock.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A consistent side-income from Stock takes months, even years to develop a large enough portfolio of diverse inventory that appeals to wide range of content creators.  You're not selling one image, you're selling many of the same image, again & again...

Are you marketing your work on social media? 

Do you have an Adobe Portfolio site yet? 

https://help.myportfolio.com/hc/articles/360036296814-Selling-Adobe-Stock-on-Adobe-Portfolio

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nancy - No I'm not marketing my work on social media. Do you think this would improve exposure to my Stock Portfolio?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nancy - No I'm not marketing my work on social media. Do you think this would improve exposure to my Stock Portfolio?

By @Navwolf

Sure, but be careful. Some people get banned because they accept a kind of pay back scheme, where thieves use tricks to drive your sales high. Adobe monitors such actions, however.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Social Media exposure couldn't hurt as long as you have something people want to buy.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines