• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Erroneous Property Release Requests by Review Staff?

Participant ,
May 28, 2018 May 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Once in while I get an illustration or 3D render held up by a release request which is totally erroneous due to the fact that either the model, the set, or both are imaginary 3d render creations. Why does Adobe Stock ask for a release when it can be easily demonstrated that no release is required for a particular element within an image? This is very frustrating when hours of work go into creating, lighting and rendering a 3d scene for stock. This is the case with my latest submission. From my experience this image will ultimately be rejected and not offered for sale due to an erroneous assumption by the Adobe Stock Review staff. This is very unfair to an artist.

What can I do to move this photo online. Nothing in the image needs a release. These are original 3d renders created by artist owned elements.

Also why is there not somewhere in the submission process where these erroneous requests can be explain and addressed by the the artist?

TOPICS
Contributors

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Advisor , May 29, 2018 May 29, 2018

I love simple questions - they frequently require complicated answers.

When you finish uploading your stock offering and select all of the proper descriptive sales words then you see the choice to select a Yes or NO answer if anything in the work is recognizable. Because of the request for a release, you will select the YES and the form will appear for you to begin the process. Open and follow the prompts to sign. The forms are fairly easy to figure out, a model release or property release. The m

Votes

Translate

Translate
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I am an illustrator and create from my  imagination. Sometimes something in a picture will trigger the "rejection" or "release required "response. I have sent blanket releases to cover for all my work thinking it will suffice but it does not. Each item in question must have a release.

Any art work that brings a "looks similar" response from the Adobe staff, will not be accepted without a legal release of the property or model which only you can supply.

You and I have not seen 90 million stock images as Adobe currently stocks. Remember,  like me ,your imagination can capture and remember works by other artists and not be aware of it. I know it can perhaps influence our creation years later. No, not deliberately using someone's work  - but the mind is capable of seeing and storing it for later creative influence.

If you want to sell your stock to Adobe you will need to respect their protective requests. The new copyright laws are now in control of - if and when - a release is required. It is for the benefit of all us who create to comply with this. Bit of a bother, but a standard that Adobe upholds. Regards, JH

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for caring enough to respond.

How does one create a release for one's own work?

I used Googles algorithm to see if my image was visually similar to other works and architecture and could find nothing in the returned search that would indicate that my subject and background were anything but original renderings with elements I hold legal right to reproduce for the purpose of producing stock imagery.

I even did a search on Adobe Stock and found nothing similar to the subject or architecture used in my image.

I might add that the term "similarity" is overly broad and vague.  If my work requires a release, it is a totally arbitrary decision, and it cannot be factually demonstrated that my image incorporates any elements of which I am not 100% authorized to sell as my own work now and in perpetuity.

If Adobe feels the architecture requires a release, then they should state clearly why they have determined this to be so - or approve the image. Their process does not in anyway accommodate a redress of the issues I now face.

I take the accusation of being a suspected copyright violator or intellectual property thief very seriously. There actions infer this accusation.

They offer no evidence that this image is not my original and authorized intellectual property.

This is patently unfair and does not even begin to give the appearance of a fair and just decision.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You have taken the wrong idea about a rejection that requires a property or model release. Adobe does nothing to accuse you but to only take stock offerings that are proven to belong to the seller. If they ask for a release they are merely asking you to safeguard your work and sign a release to assure them you do own the rights to all or any of the work you submit. Once again, please read the Adobe guidelines for contributors to Adobe Stock.  Just good business. Sincerely, JH

- One past answer to a contributor said this '"you have to add a property release with the upload, where you assure that you are the artist and owner of all rights. This is to ensure that no model/portrait photo was used as a template (here a model release would be necessary) and that the drawing was created by you and does not come from other sources.

You can find similar answers by typing "illustration property release" in the search box of the Contributor critic section."

T

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am just seeking a specific answer to my question as presented in it's purest form. How do I supply a release for an image which is owned and created by myself. Do I list myself in the release as the owner and the artist - and speak of myself in third person as the "releasee" (owner).

I hope this is what you are saying. I guess the only thing needed from there is a witness to verify the signed document?

Is this correct?

It would really help if an Adobe Associate could chime in at this point.  A "dummy" example of a release filled in with the artist as the owner also would be helpful for me to see.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,
May 29, 2018 May 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I love simple questions - they frequently require complicated answers.

When you finish uploading your stock offering and select all of the proper descriptive sales words then you see the choice to select a Yes or NO answer if anything in the work is recognizable. Because of the request for a release, you will select the YES and the form will appear for you to begin the process. Open and follow the prompts to sign. The forms are fairly easy to figure out, a model release or property release. The model will sign a release with you and property owner or witness will sign the other releases as needed. Whatever suits the questions presented in the forms.

If you have not done this then you will want to - at least start - this process to see how it works. Read more of the instructions for stock contributors and discover lots of answers to a simple question. This way You select the answers that suit your questions.

For  you to be able to achieve better image results and get offerings accepted into Adobe Stock go to   https://helpx.adobe.com/stock/contributor/user-guide.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

that's not complicated to answer:

Yes, you must submit a required release for self-designed picture elements to ensure that no copyrights of third parties exist. This concerns the representation of persons and buildings or other possible protected picture elements in your picture.

In the form you have to register yourself as artist and owner of all rights and sign for both.

If you use the forum search you will find corresponding questions and answers.

Greets,

v.poth

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, v.p for your final words and a simple answer. Let's see if this works - not supposed to be seen as complicated just step by step procedure and additional information if needed. Regards, JH.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 03, 2022 Sep 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you for that clear explanation

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines