Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Exposure problem

New Here ,
Sep 25, 2020 Sep 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello community!

i got rejected the attached image due to exposure (underexposure problem).

Of course i know the photo is generally underexposed but it is a blue hour similar as other thousands photos on adobe stock and i was wondering how can i fix this without increasing the exposure ruining the overall atmosphere. 

i checked randomly other blue hour photos on stock and they have more or less the same hystogram distribution to be easily considered underexposed. 

I would appreciate your suggestions

Cheers

Francesco

TOPICS
Troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 28, 2020 Sep 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I think you need to lighten the foreground a wee bit. It is a bit dark in the corners, so it could do with a bit more exposure. I would use a gradient filter to lighten the foreground. Sometimes only a minor change is needed. You could also add a bit more light to the tent. Make it just a wee bit brighter. So here you could use an adjustment brush. The overall exposure doesn't need to be changed, I think.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 28, 2020 Sep 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks Ricky,

i'll try some minor adjustments and see what happens

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines