• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Exposure "issues"

New Here ,
Sep 19, 2018 Sep 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe comment: "we found that it's either over- or under-exposed". I tried attaching the histograms from Lightroom, but apparently can't in this message, but there is no clipping on either the whites or blacks for either image and the exposure its "to the right" as it should be.  Other micro stock sites have accepted these images as is.

This is the only image under the size requirements for the forum.

striped skunk.jpg

I am also attaching the histograms for the 2 images

Screen Shot 2018-09-19 at 6.49.22 AM.png

Screen Shot 2018-09-19 at 6.49.36 AM.png

TOPICS
Contributor critique

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Sep 19, 2018 Sep 19, 2018

Hi ScottMadaras

That's a beautiful animal image you have. I'm also in agreement with Abambo. Take a closer look at the animal in relation to the background towards the left of the image. You will notice that there is not a distinctive outline between the white of the animal's head down and the background. In other words, for a buyer to crop that animal out, he/she would have difficulty doing so because the white is a little too bright. So yes it is a little over exposed. You can use your software

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think the main image part (the animal) has not enough detail. It’s a kind of black item.

ScottMadaras  wrote

Other micro stock sites have accepted these images as is.

A different moderator would have let it pass too. I have images getting refused here passing there and vice versa. It’s not mathematics.

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I beg to differ. Did you look at the image at 100%?

Screen Shot 2018-09-19 at 12.49.28 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I’m with my iPad currently. So my tools at my disposal are limited. But my appreciation still stands. 

And I know that pictures pass and others not. And it’s difficult to explain why. I normally look at my picture. Very often I see the fault afterwards. But somtimes I shrug my shoulders and go on.

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi ScottMadaras,

I think Abambo is correct but I see that the body of the animal has select, cut, past mark traces at the rear of the legs and a bit on the upper right outline. You must look at your offerings at 200 %  magnification to see these flaws. Maybe the contrast or exposure is off .so take things down a notch. Play with exposure and study the histogram results. Kind regards. JH

Look for more insights here.

Study these links:

tagproducts_SG_STOCK-CONTRIBUTOR_i18nKeyHelppagetitle   "Stock Contributor User Guide"

tagproducts_SG_STOCK-CONTRIBUTOR_i18nKeyHelppagetitle

Reasons content is rejected at Adobe Stock

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Joanh

I think what you see, that appears to be selected cut parts, is actually crack in the surface the animal is on. In my opinion that is ok.

Regards

JG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,
Sep 20, 2018 Sep 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Jacquelingphoto2017 - Yes, you are correct on this. I took this to 200% and saw it. Thanks. JH

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi ScottMadaras

That's a beautiful animal image you have. I'm also in agreement with Abambo. Take a closer look at the animal in relation to the background towards the left of the image. You will notice that there is not a distinctive outline between the white of the animal's head down and the background. In other words, for a buyer to crop that animal out, he/she would have difficulty doing so because the white is a little too bright. So yes it is a little over exposed. You can use your software to reduce the exposure a bit. Take a look on the church building example at tip 4 on Create better photos for Adobe Stock with 7 tips for success | and you will better understand. 

Best wishes

JG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines