Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Feedback needed on rejected photos

New Here ,
Sep 06, 2022 Sep 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey y'all,

The photos I've included in this post were rejected due to Quality Issues. As a photographer I am always looking to get better. Set was designed around D&D with a focus on it's main die - the D20. 

Any input as to what the issue was or what I might do differnetly next time?

Thank you for your insights!

--KP

TOPICS
Troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 06, 2022 Sep 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just looking on my phone, I see a lot of noise. You may also have an exposure problem, the pictures look quite dark, but I cannot check the histogram currently.

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 08, 2022 Sep 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Looking on my PC now, at 100%, the picture 7370 is not very sharp and is noisy (Screenshot at 200%)

Abambo_1-1662639302370.png.

The elements pictured are probably copyrighted.

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 07, 2022 Sep 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I think the overall exposure is just a bit too dark. I think there needs to be more light on the object to make it stand out more. It doesn't stand out enough.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also in photo 4 consider what is your intended focus and whether the depth of field is appropriate. In particular the out of focus chain in the foreground doesn't work for me. Is the triangular item with red blotches a particularly significant artefact? Is this photographed in a museum?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ah, see it is a 20 sided dice. Is it a prop from a modern game?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your photos are "artistic" images. This is generally not of interest to microstock. "Artistic" is the work of buyers who are looking for a subject that will suit their needs. The kind of work you present is typically commissioned work done by a client to a photographer. I need this kind of image to illustrate or highlight such and such a subject........In your work as a photographer, you have to distinguish the work for microstocks and the work you do for yourselves such as books, prints, orders, exhibitions...Microstocks do not have the role of conveying messages or highlighting a photographer or a Their approach is commercial and the contributors must have the same approach with great care for the quality of their images. On the other hand, what you can do is to work on your photos with software by changing the sky, or by saturating your images a bit, for example. Look at the examples in the link. You will see that all the landscapes have been worked, sometimes heavily. I give this example because everyone knows the reality of landscapes and I doubt that many of us have seen with our eyes some of these landscapes present in the link. https://stock.adobe.com/ch_fr/category/landscapes/596?load_type=category

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Now I've reread your post I see these are indeed game props. You would need a property release from the game maker granting all commercial rights (including, for example, advertising a business rival).  Did you submit a release? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You see it all gets very very very complicated for a few images. For my part, I would perhaps do a series on games and I would publish a small book to publicize my work. And this book you can finance it by offering simple and quality stock images. Good luck

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines