• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Feedback on photo :) - The rejection reason is: Technical Error

New Here ,
Nov 14, 2018 Nov 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello! I would love your feedback on this photo to improve on future ones - Thanks!

IMG_20181112_155326.jpg

TOPICS
Contributor critique

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Nov 14, 2018 Nov 14, 2018

My intelligent guess would be this:

General composition: Is your horizon straight? Have you cropped the image too much? Consider leaving a designer room to add their own text or objects.

The picture looks like a casual food picture that you would post on whatsapp to show your people what you're preparing for lunch. But I'm sorry, it is not a good food picture.

There are some machines in the background that are disturbing. I would guess that's a coffee machine and some other apparatus. The tomato

Votes

Translate

Translate
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Ivsimu, The reason for rejection "Technical Error" might seem a bit vague at first but you will see some of the problems if you look at your photo at 200% enlargement. Is the focal point, important object, the best part of the photo? Could your cropping be better to present the item? Guidelines set forth by Adobe give you clear direction and even defines the reasons for rejection. Here is a link to the information you will find useful.   Reasons content is rejected at Adobe Stock 

Hints: Composition and cropping could be improved upon. Lighting is on mid-stems and the tops are neglected. Noise in areas of the stems could be cleaned up. Tone down natural highlight spots. Most of all carefully examine your work before uploading.  Run this though Camera Raw on Photoshop if you have it.

Quality and technical issues Files can be rejected for many different quality or technical issues.

See Quality issues for specifics.

Best regards, JH

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My intelligent guess would be this:

General composition: Is your horizon straight? Have you cropped the image too much? Consider leaving a designer room to add their own text or objects.

The picture looks like a casual food picture that you would post on whatsapp to show your people what you're preparing for lunch. But I'm sorry, it is not a good food picture.

There are some machines in the background that are disturbing. I would guess that's a coffee machine and some other apparatus. The tomato is cutoff, barely visible on the left side of the picture. the  asparagus are not completely in the picture. Well, sometimes that could be a nice composition. But I do not feel this to be here the case.

Not the main rejection reason, but also a problem, is the noise level in the background.

And last, this is a phone picture showing the typical phone-jpeg artifacts. To be acceptable, phone pictures need to have optimal conditions. I suppose that the lightning conditions were not the best.

You need to plan the pictures.

To get such food pictures accepted, you need to compose such pictures for stock, eliminating disturbing background elements before taking the picture. Then you need really good light conditions. I would try some cheap led lights. I'm using sometimes office leds from IKEA. They can do awesome things to your pictures. You can build reflectors with paper. Then compose carefully. At the end of the day, you may have several nice pictures of the same object in different angles to submit.

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 15, 2018 Nov 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

Yes, I think the main reason is your composition - it's not very good. I agree with Abambo. In additon to what has been mentioned above, your white balance is off. Good lighting conditions are essential - especially for this type of photography. This would help to get the correct colour temperature.  Your picture has a yellow cast to it - making the asparagus having a yellow tinge. Composition and white balance are among the technical issues.

You really do have to plan your shots, AND have really good lighting conditions for stock photos.

Hope this helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Nov 15, 2018 Nov 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Terrible image as Abambo points out ..! Look at other food images and learn how to do it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines