• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Feedback

Community Beginner ,
Jun 28, 2022 Jun 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, can you please give me some feedback about this photograph? Adobe sctock rejected it. 

Thanks in advance

TOPICS
Contributor critique

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's really difficult to get a misty, foggy scene like this approved - I've tried! When the Moderator zooms in 100-200% to inspect the image, it appears unfocused and noisy. You can try to improve this by brightening it up a bit, then reduce the Highlights, add some Contrast, then use the Dehaze slider in Lightroom aggressively. Also make the White Balance a bit less blue. See the modified image after a few tweaks in Lightroom. (although lightening it up reveals some artifacts in the sky that would be hard to eliminate...)

Jill C., Forum Volunteer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I may be going out on a limb here but atmospheric fog is ruinous to Stock photography because it causes light particles to scatter in very unpredictable ways.  Unfortunately, no amount of post-editing can fully correct for this random light scatter. 

The dreamy, foggy landscapes you see in most professional photos are artificially added to a perfect daytime image in post.  The desired fog effects are applied discretely to select image areas on layers giving the photographer total control of the effect.

Best advice, don't do photography in atmospheric fog unless it's purely for posterity sake (vacation or keepsake photos).

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

hello,

I agree with @Nancy OShea . Looking at the type of stock photos that are on offer, one doesn't really find this type of scene.

There is really no selling and commercial advantage.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines