Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

file declined - image quality / technical problems

Community Beginner ,
Jul 30, 2019 Jul 30, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello!

I don't understand what are the technical problems with this picture. Can someone explain?

Thanks, Valerie

IMG_0698 Kopie.jpg

TOPICS
Contributor critique

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jul 30, 2019 Jul 30, 2019

Did you submit a model release of all the persons recognizable in the picture? After ignoring the model release request, you will get a technical error if I‘m right.

Anyhow, I think the picture is missing a good focus point. Focus seams to be on the water which is quite uninteresting.

And I‘m looking this on my iPad, and that is not always reliable in this sense, but I think that the colours are quite oversaturated and the white balance is not correct.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Jul 30, 2019 Jul 30, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you submit a model release of all the persons recognizable in the picture? After ignoring the model release request, you will get a technical error if I‘m right.

Anyhow, I think the picture is missing a good focus point. Focus seams to be on the water which is quite uninteresting.

And I‘m looking this on my iPad, and that is not always reliable in this sense, but I think that the colours are quite oversaturated and the white balance is not correct.

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 31, 2019 Jul 31, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks a lot for your feedback. It helps me a lot!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You're welcome.

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, In my view looking at a calibrated monitor, I think you lack contrast and vibrance. The colours to me look washed out, so you have to deepen them a bit - increase the vibrance and increase the saturation a bit. Also, you need to increase contrast.

As for white balance, I think it looks a bit green, so increase the tint - more magenta is needed to reduce the slight green cast.

You may have problems with the people though as the faces can be seen even though it is just a bit.

I too think it is missing a good focal point.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks a lot for your feedback. It's really helpful.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines