File Declined - Intellectual Property Violation

Community Beginner ,
Sep 05, 2018 Sep 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

Please let me know what is violated the IP in my picture below:
20180603_041606.jpg

I'd like to learn more about this so that I can avoid it in the future.

Thanks a lot for your times.

Thenhan

TOPICS
Contributor critique

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nice picture. It can't be the moon or the sea so it needs to be the building. It's not part of a "skyline"b and it's prominently in the picture, even if it's only partially in view, it is still a no go for stock providers.

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Thenhan,

Lovely photo. The rejection due to intellectual property violations is always a bit murky. While we on the forum will guess along with you, it will fall to you reading the guidelines about legal rights and property violations in the Adobe guidelines to discover exactly what you have allowed into this photograph that triggered the rejection. Do the research, examine your photo under 200 magnification and fix it or take another shot. Best regards, JH See links below for your information on the topic.

From our forum pages " An architecture/building would also fall in the "foggy" category also.  Property release and protection guidelines for Adobe Stock should give you a clearer understanding of what is required. Known image restrictions will give you a more comprehensive knowledge of what is not accepted, and with other's, what composition is accepted. To the extent of the strictness and tightness of the reviews, I do not think any get past the reviewers."

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is this image from a boat/cruise liner? It looks to me as if you were taking this from the deck of a boat. So, this means you were on (perhaps) private property, so therefore a release would be needed (most probably). A bit difficult to tell exactly, but the reviewers err on the side of caution.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

Thank you so much for your replies.  I still don't get the reason why the picture above is rejected.  SO far I have an Adobe approved picture (below) with Royal Carrbean logo clearly see in the photo.Capture.JPG

Regards,

Thenhan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, you are 'lucky' the image went through. It's only part og the logotype and it is not obvious in this image, that it is a logo if you didn't bring it up - imo ...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 09, 2018 Sep 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That‘s pure luck and the picture will be taken out, when someone stumbles over it. You could probably try to edit the logo out.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 08, 2018 Sep 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Thenhan

Content, including a man with naked top inside of the glass area is visible. Release would have to be required for that.

In addition to the links Joan recommend, also look at the Adobe Stock Contributor Guide at tagproducts_SG_STOCK-CONTRIBUTOR_i18nKeyHelppagetitle

Best Wishes

JG.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 09, 2018 Sep 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi JG,

Thank you very much for your comment.  I removed that half naked man and resubmitted for review.  Hopefully it will accepted.

Thenhan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 14, 2018 Sep 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The man's face is not visible...so no release is required, but there is a woman next to the man whose face is visible. Hopefully you edited her out too.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just highlighted the people inside to emphasize the visibility of the internal content. Please note, it is an intellectual property violation, not MR. Property Release is what is asked for.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I removed the half naked man and resubmitted the photo.  Adobe rejected the photo again with new reason " ARTIFACTS PROBLEM".  Here is the new rejected photo ...20180603_041606-2.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 15, 2018 Sep 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Depending on the resolution you uploaded this example, the artifacts may be due to this:

20180603_041606-2artificats.jpg

So, in your original image have a look at the moon. How does it look to you?

Also, if you have used a lot of noise reduction, this can be a bad thing. It gives the image a 'painted' look.

Did you use a lot of noise reduction as it is a night shot?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi rickey336, Is it time to give up on these and go on to another submission? Looks like rejection is final. JH

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I too, I suspect that there will be no solution. But the user deserves an answer. I am with ricky336 .

The picture may be beautiful bur it does not conform to stock requirements.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Abambo,

But Abambo, what is the original question? And what is the correct answer to the two questions?

1. Property violation?

2. Noise. Not quality of Adobde Stock?

High regards,

JH

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 17, 2018 Sep 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

joanh22203655  wrote

But Abambo, what is the original question? And what is the correct answer to the two questions?

1. Property violation?

2. Noise. Not quality of Adobde Stock?

The first was: "Why IP violation?", the second was "Why Artefacts?"

And the second question was explained by ricky336​. And I doubt that there are corrective measures that will save the picture for stock, because the water also shows artefacts.

So yes: there is no solution, and yes: there are obvious reasons for this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines