• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

First Photo rejected

New Here ,
Aug 29, 2021 Aug 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been getting into astrophotography latelly and have decided to upload some on here. 

It was rejected due to techincal issues, as I'm quite new to all this can anyone advise me on what these issues are?

Many thanks

TOPICS
Contributor critique , Contributors , Troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The tree is not properly focused. The lights in the forground should be removed and the stars show some movement. Probably camera shake. Still, I am not sure if it will get approved.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, will try and improve on that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @sama14662447 ,

This looks like a night landscape shot that is underexposed. There are too much black areas without details. That will not do well when printed. I suggest you do a course in astrophotography to understand how to produce stunning images that will get accepted.

Best wishes

JG

Photography and Nutrition Author

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

@sama14662447 A good attempt. Along with the other feedback you have here about focus, the sky area also needs special attention. Having spent many a cold, dark night on mountaintops with astronomers and photographers, the most important thing to remember is that stars move. It's a balancing act. Wider apertures allow for shorter exposure times, right? That's because you are letting in more light. So, the wider your aperture, the brighter your stars will be. You also must use a leveling device (i.e., a bubble level). Be sure to deactivate any image stabilisation settings on the lens and the camera.

The lightpainting of the tree in the foreground is also a carefully directed activity. Did you fire a dedicated strobe to get this effect? Keep shooting and experimenting!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines