• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

First time Posting and Rejected

Community Beginner ,
Nov 17, 2022 Nov 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello all...this is my first post. I didn't expect it to be easy, so no big deal on it being rejected. Can anyone tell me why they think this was denied? Is it just because of the wagon?

Winter_come_Early_Wagon_Snow_on_the_Ground.jpg

TOPICS
Contributor critique , Contributors

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 3 Correct answers

Community Expert , Nov 17, 2022 Nov 17, 2022

Hello,

The wagon certainly doesn't help, so yes, in part it is because it is out of focus. Another reason though is the general composition.

What are you trying to show? The falling snow?

I would suggest reading some of the help guides from Adobe.

For example:

Votes

Translate

Translate

Composition comes under 'quality issues'.

Have a read of this. It's a brief guide on image quality:
https://helpx.adobe.com/stock/contributor/help/quality-and-technical-issues.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Hi @default3ls0tanpb5ke , I am sorry to say that there are several things wrong. I am telling you so that you can learn.

What object are you trying to sell? There is no clear subject in this photo. What would someone search for to find it?

The photo is not in focus. The photo is not level. The wagon is poorly cropped. The shadows are underexposed. The highlights are overexposed. There should be more contrast and saturation in the photo.

Do not stop trying. However I suggest you study up on photo

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you use a tripod? Nothing seems to be razoe sharp. What was your depth of field, and chosen focus? 

What was the reason for rejection?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did not use a tripod. I was shooting at f/2.8. It didn't give me one specific reason for rejection, it recommended I ask the community. Thank you for the response. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There's always a reason, though sometimes the reason seems very general. We can usually help with that, but it's best to tell us the reason Adobe give, so we aren't guessing wrong. For example: intellectual property issues, too many similar pictures, quality issues...?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Maybe you are right about that. In the salmon-ish colored rectangle, it says "Quality Issues"...I assumed that was just a general headline. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Composition comes under 'quality issues'.

Have a read of this. It's a brief guide on image quality:
https://helpx.adobe.com/stock/contributor/help/quality-and-technical-issues.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

F2.8 is much too wide open for a landscape image, and will result in the very narrow depth of field you see here. 

Jill C., Forum Volunteer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

The wagon certainly doesn't help, so yes, in part it is because it is out of focus. Another reason though is the general composition.

What are you trying to show? The falling snow?

I would suggest reading some of the help guides from Adobe.

For example:

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, I will read over this. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @default3ls0tanpb5ke , I am sorry to say that there are several things wrong. I am telling you so that you can learn.

What object are you trying to sell? There is no clear subject in this photo. What would someone search for to find it?

The photo is not in focus. The photo is not level. The wagon is poorly cropped. The shadows are underexposed. The highlights are overexposed. There should be more contrast and saturation in the photo.

Do not stop trying. However I suggest you study up on photo composition, exposure settings, aperture settings, focus and white balance. This will help.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you this is helpful. I generally enjoy shooting with my darks a bit darker but I'm aware that doesn't mean every outlet accepts it. Thank you again, this was very helpful. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm thinking about what you saying here. And I realize that I'm a graphic designer by trade and I take a lot of shots based on how I would use them in a design. Or thinking about how I can crop the framing for different collateral... I'm thinking out loud here, but it feels like I need to clean my palette when thinking about how I'm shooting something before I shoot it if I plan on uploading. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To appreciate exposure, you should learn to use the histogram. The histogram here shows an poorly exposed picture with missing blacks (left).

Abambo_0-1668721337453.png

That is responsible for the missing contrasts.

Some "small" tweaks enhance the overall appearance of the picture a lot.  It's best seen in the blue and red of that disturbing object in the front of the picture:

Abambo_1-1668721700727.png

It would still need to get some noise reduction, as the noise got "enhanced" too.

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Spend some time looking at current Adobe Stock Inventory in your keyword category.  That should  give you some idea of what you should aim for. 

You'll see that what separates great stock images from random snapshots is a clear subject, good composition that draws viewers into the scene and tells a story.  

Snowy park photographs

Adobe Stock customers expect highest visual and technical quality for use in commercial projects.  That begins with proper lighting, focus (depth of field), color saturation and white balance.  In low light conditions, it's helpful to use a stable tripod with a remote shutter control and external light sources.   Also atmospheric artifacts from snow, rain and fog and can be very challenging because of what water droplets to do your light.  You may need to take multiple exposures at different settings and layer stack in post-editing.

Hope that helps.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines