• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Fixes? Technical Issue Rejection

New Here ,
Dec 30, 2021 Dec 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi! I'm pretty new to stock photography, and I'm trying to figure out why some of my photos are being rejected due to technical issues. I can't personally detect any sensor spots, however I did detect some noise at 100%; I'm not sure if this is the issue? Thanks!

TOPICS
Contributor critique

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 3 Correct answers

Community Expert , Dec 30, 2021 Dec 30, 2021

Here is some feedback on the first photo.

Screenshot_20211230-095913.png

When viewing at 100%, parts of the plant aren't in focus.  I would expect f2.8 to produce a shallow depth of field when the camera and subject are so close though.

There is an odd shape around the plant that I'm guessing is a plate or pot of some sort that I think detracts from the image, and I don't think the main subject is well lit.  There is a leaf that is cut off from the frame, make sure to include the entire main subject in a photo like this.

I h

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert , Dec 30, 2021 Dec 30, 2021

Focus and exposure are your main issues. You will also need a property release for the ring.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert , Jan 01, 2022 Jan 01, 2022

Hi @Kelsey22447451fjef,

Put yourself in the customer's shoes.  Why would I buy these?  What could I use them for commercially?

If the answer to either question is "I don't know,"  chances are it's not right for Adobe Stock.

Read the Stock Contributor User Guide.  Compare your work with other images in the Adobe Stock database.  HINT:  Adobe Stock already has millions & millions of plant images.  If you want to be successful at Stock Photography, find less well-represented subjects to photogra

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here is some feedback on the first photo.

Screenshot_20211230-095913.png

When viewing at 100%, parts of the plant aren't in focus.  I would expect f2.8 to produce a shallow depth of field when the camera and subject are so close though.

There is an odd shape around the plant that I'm guessing is a plate or pot of some sort that I think detracts from the image, and I don't think the main subject is well lit.  There is a leaf that is cut off from the frame, make sure to include the entire main subject in a photo like this.

I hope that helps!

George F, Fine Art Landscape Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Focus and exposure are your main issues. You will also need a property release for the ring.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 01, 2022 Jan 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Kelsey22447451fjef,

Put yourself in the customer's shoes.  Why would I buy these?  What could I use them for commercially?

If the answer to either question is "I don't know,"  chances are it's not right for Adobe Stock.

Read the Stock Contributor User Guide.  Compare your work with other images in the Adobe Stock database.  HINT:  Adobe Stock already has millions & millions of plant images.  If you want to be successful at Stock Photography, find less well-represented subjects to photograph.  And make sure you have 100% legal ownership of the subjects.  If you don't own it, you need a signed release from the legal owner/artist/designer.  Also if you take pictures of human models, your models must sign a model release to use their likeness commercially.

Read these links:

Better luck next time.  Happy 2022!

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 03, 2022 Jan 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello,

Yep, focus and exposure are the main issues! Sadly, not good enough for commercial use!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines